Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

RS3 Canada order check-in

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2017, 03:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ds4003
I saw someone post an options sheet saying something about them being currently unavailable but they were available when I put in the order as far as I'm aware and Audi accepted the order as such. I guess we'll see for sure when it gets here.

And correct on the VIN, I asked a couple days ago and haven't heard back yet. The person I've been dealing with has at times been rather slow to reply but eventually gets back to me with an answer.
Well heck, If you do get power seats, you will have a super rare, rare car
Old 06-10-2017, 04:02 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by GrimTango42
Well heck, If you do get power seats, you will have a super rare, rare car
Here's hoping I find out in the next few weeks. No idea how long it will be for port release in Canada, seems unnecessarily delayed in the US though.

And no VIN for me until it shows up at the dealer. Ah well.
Old 06-11-2017, 07:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ken-yyz
Looks like Goodwood has just arrived in Halifax. So for all of us with cars in the first wave, now we get to wonder how long we wait in port before the cars are loaded on rail.
The Vehicle Carrier 'Goodwood' is now departing Port Halifax on its way to Davisville[US]. So, the first wave of Canadian RS3s are on Canadian soil! Here's to a short stay in port and a speedy release.
Old 06-11-2017, 08:27 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Landed in Canada 1 year to the day of my deposit ��
Old 06-11-2017, 03:17 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

The Vehicle Carrier 'Goodwood' is now departing Port Halifax on its way to Davisville[US]. So, the first wave of Canadian RS3s are on Canadian soil! Here's to a short stay in port and a speedy release.
Awesome! Thanks for the update. I'm guessing we will have our newborn RS3's around the same timing given you are in the GTA.

Are you getting any window tinting / clear wraps done at the dealer or somewhere else? Would welcome recommendations.
Old 06-11-2017, 04:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Psychout
Awesome! Thanks for the update. I'm guessing we will have our newborn RS3's around the same timing given you are in the GTA.

Are you getting any window tinting / clear wraps done at the dealer or somewhere else? Would welcome recommendations.
I am thinking about clear wrap but it sounds like it is worth awaiting until the installers can properly measure the new body work parts. My 10 year old RS4 never had any paint protection and the paint work still looks pristine hence my hesitation. I'll probably go for it but don't know who. Pfaff Tuning does that work, so I might just stick with them.
Old 06-11-2017, 06:03 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Just to let you know (yes I know it's sunday) but talked to Audi rep today and demo cars are in Halifax for now a week (arrived may 31st) but are on hold for EPA ratings and they have no ETA of when cars will be released since EPA don't give them accurate ETA's so for now, even if your car is at the port, just have to wait 'til they release their numbers and add it to the Canadian sheet for registrations and insurance companies.
Old 06-11-2017, 06:04 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Psychout

I am thinking about clear wrap but it sounds like it is worth awaiting until the installers can properly measure the new body work parts. My 10 year old RS4 never had any paint protection and the paint work still looks pristine hence my hesitation. I'll probably go for it but don't know who. Pfaff Tuning does that work, so I might just stick with them.
Seems like all of our 3 cars should be delivered in the same time frame at Pfaff. I was on goodwood as well.

It would be cool if we pick them up at the same time. LOL

I think I will clear film the front, hood and fenders (maybe windshield) to help withstand the winter elements.

Also thinking about ceramic coating the whole car to help with the other areas.

I also need a winter wheel/tire package.

As for tint, there are A++ shops around the GTA that will be cheaper and better than the dealer (if I understand correctly).

I already put a request in with Xpel to develop the film kit.
Old 06-11-2017, 06:06 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by OmarK
Seems like all of our 3 cars should be delivered in the same time frame at Pfaff. I was on goodwood as well.

It would be cool if we pick them up at the same time. LOL

I think I will clear film the front, hood and fenders (maybe windshield) to help withstand the winter elements.

Also thinking about ceramic coating the whole car to help with the other areas.

I also need a winter wheel/tire package.

As for tint, there are A++ shops around the GTA that will be cheaper and better than the dealer (if I understand correctly).

I already put a request in with Xpel to develop the film kit.
As soon as somebody know a square setup for cheap winter wheels, posttttt!
Old 06-11-2017, 06:13 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by CoOlSlY
Just to let you know (yes I know it's sunday) but talked to Audi rep today and demo cars are in Halifax for now a week (arrived may 31st) but are on hold for EPA ratings and they have no ETA of when cars will be released since EPA don't give them accurate ETA's so for now, even if your car is at the port, just have to wait 'til they release their numbers and add it to the Canadian sheet for registrations and insurance companies.
This news sucks. I am definitely not happy about this. Does Canadian Environmental Standards follow the EPA or do they have their own version?

Audi should have coordinated all of this beforehand instead of having cars sit at the port for a month or two.

Quick Reply: RS3 Canada order check-in