Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

RS3 Check List Upon Delivery

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2017, 02:20 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RS3 Check List Upon Delivery

OK, for those of us who are "mission oriented" (nicest phrase I could come with) and like lists, I thought I would take a stab at starting one so feel free to join in and contribute so we can all have the best experience possible. This is just off the top of my head so here goes -----

PRE-DELIVERY:
================================================== ================================================
A) Purchase SD/SDHC/SDXC/MMC memory cards: with a capacity of up to 128 GB [From the owners manual.... 128GB (page 237)]

SD/SDHC/SDXC/MMC memory cards: with a capacity of up to 128 GB media DVD drive: audio CDs (up to 80 min) with CD text (artist, album, song)*, CD-ROMs with a capacity of up to 700 MB; DVD±R/RW; DVD video; DVD audio with audio tracks that are compatible with a DVD video player; Audi music interface*: mobile devices (such as an iPod ˘page 229, MTP player, USB storage device in "USB Device Subclass 1 and 6" that conforms to USB 2.0: USB sticks, USB MP3 players (Plug-and-Play-capable), external USB flash drives and hard drives

B) Familiarize yourself with various Audi controls via website:

https://www.audiusa.com/help/video-t...eTutorial/all/

C) Upon receipt of VIN#, create User Account @ MyAudi and download and familiarize yourself with manual

The owners manual is online at MyAudi - you have to create an account at login.audi.com, or select My Audi from the features at the audi website. Then create a vehicle entry for your VIN, and the manual will be available under the "My Service" tab (not "Downloads")

D) Decide if an additional / redundant item is necessary due to the lack of a spare tire and purchase.

E.G., Continental ContiComfortKit ($79), Dynaplug® Pro Xtreme Tubeless Tire Repair Kit ($65), etc.

E) ???????
================================================== ================================================
WHEN TAKING DELIVERY OF RS3 FROM DEALERSHIP:
1) Visually inspect RS3 for options, but particularly for any paint defects or blemishes on wheels. This will be my wife's job since she is way more visually oriented than I am. (Feel free to add links to posts)

2) Check the software levels for MMI (1110) and the NAV database (0060). If correct, then inspect for SubWoofer control and if not, get updated.
Select: [MENU] button > Settings > left control button >System maintenance

3) ???
4) ???

5) If extra wheels are necessary (for winter driving) OR you simply want to change from the OEM's, you will need the following info:

These are stock staggered configurations:
Front is 19 x 8.5 255/30/19 ET46
Rear is 19 x 8 235/35/19 ET42

5x112 57.1 bore Stock front fender to wheel gap is 13mm, rear is 20mm, so that's the space you get to play with to make it flush.
WHEN DRIVING THE CAR HOME YOU MAY WISH TO CHECK THIS OUT FOR FUN:
"Shift Light Indicator" is discussed on Page 20 of the manual. Pre-reqs are tiptronic mode (manual shift) activated and VC in sport view.

Last edited by russbert; 08-25-2017 at 06:09 PM.
Old 08-25-2017, 03:18 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Isn’t the bolt pattern 5 x112? Not 5 x 122?
Old 08-25-2017, 04:53 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I have a custom pre-delivery inspection checklist that I used to inspection my S5. It is an Excel spreadsheet and comprehensive. It took me and my wife several hours going through my car in the delivery bay with a fine toothed comb. Found a lot of couple of snafu's by the PDI crew that needed to be rectified. If you're interested, send me a PM with you email address.
Old 08-25-2017, 06:09 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default 5x112

Originally Posted by LuckyBB
Isn’t the bolt pattern 5 x112? Not 5 x 122?
Wow, thanks for the catch on that one. I guess I hit the wrong key. :-)

I have corrected the original post as well.
Old 08-25-2017, 06:09 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by plat27265
I have a custom pre-delivery inspection checklist that I used to inspection my S5. It is an Excel spreadsheet and comprehensive. It took me and my wife several hours going through my car in the delivery bay with a fine toothed comb. Found a lot of couple of snafu's by the PDI crew that needed to be rectified. If you're interested, send me a PM with you email address.
Sent!!
Old 08-25-2017, 06:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by russbert
Sent!!
Attach it to this thread if possible please. Maybe a public Dropbox or google drive link?
Old 08-26-2017, 04:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

5) If extra wheels are necessary (for winter driving) OR you simply want to change from the OEM's, you will need the following info:

These are stock staggered configurations:
Front is 19 x 8.5 255/30/19 ET46
Rear is 19 x 8 235/35/19 ET42

5x112 57.1 bore Stock front fender to wheel gap is 13mm, rear is 20mm, so that's the space you get to play with to make it flush.
This is technically true, however, the tires you choose, stock or otherwise, will make a huge difference in the useable space. On the S3, 13mm would have meant truly 13 millimeters to play with. But the huge rim protector and narrow tread width on the RS3's stock P Zeros combine to leave you with 3-4mm of actual fender clearance to play with at stock height.

Take note of this, especially if you plan to put the stock tires on new wheels. This factor made me toss out all the wheel options I had been considering, based on the presumed 13mm, 20mm measurements, so I wanted to make others aware as well.

Fitment on this car has been tough so far.
Old 08-26-2017, 10:45 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by BlackAce
This is technically true, however, the tires you choose, stock or otherwise, will make a huge difference in the useable space. On the S3, 13mm would have meant truly 13 millimeters to play with. But the huge rim protector and narrow tread width on the RS3's stock P Zeros combine to leave you with 3-4mm of actual fender clearance to play with at stock height.

Take note of this, especially if you plan to put the stock tires on new wheels. This factor made me toss out all the wheel options I had been considering, based on the presumed 13mm, 20mm measurements, so I wanted to make others aware as well.

Fitment on this car has been tough so far.
Thanks and a good reminder to all of us.
Old 08-26-2017, 10:48 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by dazed1
Attach it to this thread if possible please. Maybe a public Dropbox or google drive link?
OK once I incorporate a few items into it I will definitely share it as I now have Phil's permission to do so. :-D
Old 08-26-2017, 01:55 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

OK once I incorporate a few items into it I will definitely share it as I now have Phil's permission to do so. :-D
OK, kind of weird quoting myself but again wanted to acknowledge Phil's [plat27265] awesome file which I have modified to some degree and added other items. Please let me know what you think and what you would like to see changed. Thanks.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bzg...ew?usp=sharing