Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

RS3 Delivery times

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2017, 09:46 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Audifourme
Just got a call. Mine is at the dealer. Picking up at 4:30!
That's AWESOME!!! Going to be a long 2.5+ hours though. ;-) LOL CONGRATS
Old 09-21-2017, 10:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by russbert
That's AWESOME!!! Going to be a long 2.5+ hours though. ;-) LOL CONGRATS
You know it! LOL. Thanks!!
Old 09-21-2017, 10:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Just got a call. Mine is at the dealer. Picking up at 4:30!
Congrats buddy!!!!! I have my window sticker, and I have the Hansen and Adkins transport load number, but nothing else. More pics buddy!!!!!!!
Old 09-21-2017, 10:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by NoogMan
Congrats buddy!!!!! I have my window sticker, and I have the Hansen and Adkins transport load number, but nothing else. More pics buddy!!!!!!!
Thanks man!! I got my sticker on Monday, and the car arrived today at 11:00am from port. So, yours should be maybe a day away or so. Can't believe that it is finally here. Long wait since April.
Old 09-21-2017, 11:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks man!! I got my sticker on Monday, and the car arrived today at 11:00am from port. So, yours should be maybe a day away or so. Can't believe that it is finally here. Long wait since April.
Yep, too long! I looked back, and it was April 9th when I gave them the specs I wanted. I didn't even get my allocation til around June. Been a rollercoaster to say the least. My dealer teased me this morning and said it may make it here by Christmas......hardy f'in har!

Take lots of pics bro!
Old 09-21-2017, 12:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tophalope
Viking Conquest now just off the coast of Maryland/Delaware, heading north towards Rhode Island, and looks to be in range of terrestrial AIS stations soon.
Thanks for the update!
Old 09-21-2017, 12:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by NoogMan
Yep, too long! I looked back, and it was April 9th when I gave them the specs I wanted. I didn't even get my allocation til around June. Been a rollercoaster to say the least. My dealer teased me this morning and said it may make it here by Christmas......hardy f'in har!

Take lots of pics bro!
Ha! I’d be like: “funny, not funny!”

Seeing everyone getting theirs is sure getting me stoked!

Congrats to all who have!

Last edited by mshonhall; 09-22-2017 at 01:15 PM.
Old 09-21-2017, 12:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well now i am starting to remember why I took time off from owning and Audi.. Sigh. So i spoke with the service rep and manager at the dealer today. They are not willing to fix or replace the rim. They will replace the tire since I have the Tire and wheel package but I didn't purchase the cosmetic plan. they were ripping me off hard with all the warranty crap. I am really disappointed that for less than 200 bucks they are willing to make a customer unhappy. Did like the buying experience with them and not happy with the service aspect now either. I am stuck with no car till saturday since i can't get back up to the dealer by then and they won't have a tire at the shop till then. Just very disappointing. they did say I could resign all my paperwork and add the extra rim and tire coverage ... Umm yah no thanks.
Old 09-21-2017, 02:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by andru1313
Well now i am starting to remember why I took time off from owning and Audi.. Sigh. So i spoke with the service rep and manager at the dealer today. They are not willing to fix or replace the rim. They will replace the tire since I have the Tire and wheel package but I didn't purchase the cosmetic plan. they were ripping me off hard with all the warranty crap. I am really disappointed that for less than 200 bucks they are willing to make a customer unhappy. Did like the buying experience with them and not happy with the service aspect now either. I am stuck with no car till saturday since i can't get back up to the dealer by then and they won't have a tire at the shop till then. Just very disappointing. they did say I could resign all my paperwork and add the extra rim and tire coverage ... Umm yah no thanks.
Wow... frustrating, indeed... I just don’t understand what’s gone wrong with Customer Service, these days.

Bear with me, here...

Sometime back, I was standing in line for the latest iPhone (yea, I’m one of those guys... actually, it’s good geeky fun) and I got to talking with the older lady in front me. She was talking about how everyone in her family had dropped their iPad somewhere along the way, and, that she was the only one not to. Yup. She dropped hers while we sat there on the sidewalk. It was so sad. Well, the Apple staff heard about it, and, one of the managers came out and talked with her for a minute, and, then offered to fix the screen for free! We were amazed! They didn’t have to do that! Well, about 10 minutes later, the General Manager came out and spoke with her briefly, and, then told her they would be giving her a brand new iPad to replace her broken one! Double amazed!

It was, singularly, the best customer service experience I’ve ever had. And, now look... I’m still talking about it to this day.

They would go on to refurbish hers and resell it. All the while, providing an excellent reputation for customer service. I watched her story go all the way down to the end of that long line of people.

Back to this situation... they could EASILY replace your wheel for a lousy $200, after you just spent $60k+ with them, and, your story would be passed along to all of us, here.

Instead, they see an opportunity to be cheap. Sooo sad.
Old 09-21-2017, 04:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by mshonhall
Thanks for the update!
Interestingly, VC seems now to be heading towards Delaware Bay. The listed destination for Viking Conquest on Marine Traffic is still Davisville, but when one looks at expected arrivals at Davisville, Viking Conquest is no longer listed (it was previously). I am searching other possible port arrival listings, but have not yet found VC.

Quick Reply: RS3 Delivery times