Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

RS3 WINTER WHEEL OPTIONS/OFFSET

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2017, 03:18 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RS3 WINTER WHEEL OPTIONS/OFFSET

Does anyone know the recommended offset and rim width for 19" wheels for 2018 RS3 when you want 4 of the same? My stock have different offsets and widths for front and rear as my car was ordered with the staggered setup.
Old 09-08-2017, 07:01 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bump up

i'm still looking at my option, not easy to find info on what will fit or not, you can check your rim for the offset it's written in the back of it. i belive front is 53 and back is 49
Old 09-10-2017, 03:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

The RS3 staggered wheels are front ET46, rear ET42. The square factory setup has the ET42 wheels all around.

If you want aftermarket 19" wheels, the big concern is clearance between the side of the front calipers and the wheel spokes. There are a lot of 19" wheels that won't fit because of brake caliper interference.
Old 09-11-2017, 05:31 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Also interested in this!

I would love more feedback on this topic. I'm getting an RS3 around December and live in an area that snows frequently in the winter months. I wanted to get a second set of rims with winter tires. Tirerack (website) doesn't have any listed, so I'm wondering how to do this. Do we need to order the rims from Audi, have them mount the tires and add the tire pressure sensor? If we can aftermarket everything would any 19" 235/35 rims fit with a 42 offset? What tire pressure sensor is needed? Has anyone successfully put aftermarket rims on a '17/18 RS3 sedan and if so what were they?

So many questions...
Old 09-11-2017, 08:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Greyout
I would love more feedback on this topic. I'm getting an RS3 around December and live in an area that snows frequently in the winter months. I wanted to get a second set of rims with winter tires. Tirerack (website) doesn't have any listed, so I'm wondering how to do this. Do we need to order the rims from Audi, have them mount the tires and add the tire pressure sensor? If we can aftermarket everything would any 19" 235/35 rims fit with a 42 offset? What tire pressure sensor is needed? Has anyone successfully put aftermarket rims on a '17/18 RS3 sedan and if so what were they?

So many questions...
This has been discussed at some length on other forums. It is a little premature to worry, as it is expected that aftermarket wheels will become available very soon.

No, you can't assume any 19" 235/35 42et wheels will fit, because many don't due to conflict between the wheels spokes and the front brake calipers. Suggest you wait another month or two to see what wheels get tested and confirmed, or alternatively, just get winter tires installed on your factory rims when the car arrives and re-install your summer tires in the spring. By next year there should be lots of options.

In my case, I will install winter tires on my factory 8" rims this winter, and hopefully by spring I'll find suitable after market wheels to install my summer tires on. I'm hoping Hartman soon confirms or develops their rotor style wheels for the RS3.
Old 09-11-2017, 11:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

I actually sent an email to Hartmann last week to ask about RS3 fitments, since I run their rotor-style wheels in winter on my S7 and have been very happy with them. They replied that they have a local customer expecting to take delivery of an RS3 in late Sept or early Oct, and would be bringing that car to Hartmann to let them test fit wheels after he has the car.
Old 09-11-2017, 12:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by GordonC
I actually sent an email to Hartmann last week to ask about RS3 fitments, since I run their rotor-style wheels in winter on my S7 and have been very happy with them. They replied that they have a local customer expecting to take delivery of an RS3 in late Sept or early Oct, and would be bringing that car to Hartmann to let them test fit wheels after he has the car.
Interesting, as I contacted them last week too and got the same response. Since I believe they are in the Seattle area, which is about 2 hours south of me, perhaps I should just drive down there and let them try fitting them on my car!
Old 09-15-2017, 02:45 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Greyout

So many questions...
Working on it. I ordered a 19x8 40 mm offset to try. I'll let you know if it works out. I am not confident that vendors such as tire rack are working on this (I emailed them and it didn't sound like they were going to have a solution in the near future). I would be surprised if an 18" wheel will clear the front calipers unless it is custom made or just an incredibly lucky fit.
Old 09-15-2017, 02:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by cdogasman
Working on it. I ordered a 19x8 40 mm offset to try. I'll let you know if it works out. I am not confident that vendors such as tire rack are working on this (I emailed them and it didn't sound like they were going to have a solution in the near future). I would be surprised if an 18" wheel will clear the front calipers unless it is custom made or just an incredibly lucky fit.
Let's face it, there aren't a lot of RS3's out there to justify them spending a lot of time developing wheels for us. Hopefully, by trial and error, we'll find suitable options soon.
Old 09-15-2017, 04:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

There are apparently 2 of us working with them from Seattle - one has his car and hasn't come in yet (Sept), and mine is on a ship (Oct).

Quick Reply: RS3 WINTER WHEEL OPTIONS/OFFSET