Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

S3 Black High-Gloss Styling Pacakage

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2014, 09:05 PM
flk
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ah i see, I didn't know the black roof was only found with the moonroof, thanks.
Old 08-20-2014, 05:22 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts

Perhaps the roof could be wrapped to achieve that look
Old 08-22-2014, 09:59 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The gloss black grille comes with the S-Line parts that are standard on the A3 "Prestige" package. (I have one) It will be standard on the S3.

Funny that I thought my sport package would have the steering wheel that is flat bottomed, but it still has the round wheel. (Not a big deal to me) But Audi is bringing some options for these cars over time.

When I bought my "Prestige" I ended up with the 10 spoke optional 18" wheels, that are very nice, but I really wanted the five spoke black and polished sport wheels. No dealer that I contacted had even seen those wheels on a car at the time I bought my car (mid May). Now they are even coming on Premium Plus cars as a simple option. I checked the Audi "build" page and they now are a listed option, yet they were nowhere to be seen on the website when I purchased my car, even though all the print adds and even TV commercials had them on the car. And now the sport package will offer a flat bottomed wheel as it was supposed to from the beginning.

So, as I said earleri, Audi is cranking these things out as they need them for the S3 production coming up soon, and did not really worry too much about them not all being available from the start of basic production. My dealer had A3's on the lot for two months before they even got their first "Prestige" A3. I bought it the day after it arrived at the dealer.

I am not saying this to complain, but rather just to make sense out of how things are being rolled out on this car line. If I had waited and just ordered a car (3 months wait) I could have had both my favorite wheels and the flat bottomed wheel. But they offerred me a great discount and a superb price on my trade in (which was soon about to drop in value on the NADA/Kelley book due to mileage) so I went ahead and pulled the trigger as it is a beautiful car and the wait would not have been worth the cost in the long run.

Bottom line is the car is fantastic, and my wife loves it! Since I own a sports car already, I never really wanted a S3, but something that I could enjoy driving yet offerred different characteristics than an "all out" sports sedan. The 2.0T 220HP Quattro, combined with the sport package and all the S-Line body parts was just perfect for my purposes.

Last edited by jdouglas2000; 08-22-2014 at 10:03 PM.