Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

Selling my 2015 S3...... link in thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2017, 12:24 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Selling my 2015 S3...... link in thread

Just posted her up.
Going with an older S4 that we can tune and tweak on.
Bay Area (San Jose), CA. Come take a look, or I can do a Facetime or Skype to show you around the car. :-)

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/veh.../#post24980030
Old 06-06-2017, 04:13 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

quattrogirl; besides our forum here, what other avenues are you using to sell your S3? Since I ordered my RS3 about a month ago, I've had my 2015 S3 for sale. Started with AutoTrader (premium ad) but was contacted by Network Sellers. They not only linked me up to about 15 various car sales sites but offer financing and extended warranties as well. Something as a private seller, I could not normally do of course. Unfortunately, no serious offers yet. Did not wish to work a trade with my dealership for the RS3 as I have modded my S3 considerably. Stage II now with about 400 HP in addition to clear bra and other items. Good luck with your sale however and tuning your S4. I love my S3 but the attraction of the RS3 is too strong. LOL
Old 06-06-2017, 04:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Fixeroh
quattrogirl; besides our forum here, what other avenues are you using to sell your S3? Since I ordered my RS3 about a month ago, I've had my 2015 S3 for sale. Started with AutoTrader (premium ad) but was contacted by Network Sellers. They not only linked me up to about 15 various car sales sites but offer financing and extended warranties as well. Something as a private seller, I could not normally do of course. Unfortunately, no serious offers yet. Did not wish to work a trade with my dealership for the RS3 as I have modded my S3 considerably. Stage II now with about 400 HP in addition to clear bra and other items. Good luck with your sale however and tuning your S4. I love my S3 but the attraction of the RS3 is too strong. LOL
Fixeroh, I've had pretty good experience selling on autotrader.com. I think the problem is that your S3 is tuned and most people including myself will keep their hands off modded cars especially knowing that the manufacturers warranty is voided.
Old 06-06-2017, 05:29 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by shivamerlin
Fixeroh, I've had pretty good experience selling on autotrader.com. I think the problem is that your S3 is tuned and most people including myself will keep their hands off modded cars especially knowing that the manufacturers warranty is voided.
You make a very good point shivamerlin. And I certainly considered that. Tried to write my ad in a way that shows the tunes were done by professionals. Not just me hacking on the car. LOL. Indicated I have Audi care and all service records as well. Crappy thing is if I want to trade the car, I would have to detune it so Audi can sell it as certified. Was informed they may work a trade with it in it's tuned state since the tunes are considered 'tasteful' and not over the top in any way. Which I guess means no big *** wing mounted to the trunk lid. But I see other S3s on Autotrader which are not moving very quickly either. $40K for a used car can be a hard sell sometimes. Thanks for your input!
Old 06-06-2017, 07:07 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Was informed they may work a trade with it in it's tuned state since the tunes are considered 'tasteful' and not over the top in any way. Which I guess means no big *** wing mounted to the trunk lid.
Not having neons in the undercarriage as well?
Old 06-06-2017, 07:46 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Timmay
Not having neons in the undercarriage as well?
My S3 had neon colored undercarriage LEDs as standard equipment. Didn't yours?
Old 06-06-2017, 08:35 AM
AudiWorld Super User

My S3 had neon colored undercarriage LEDs as standard equipment. Didn't yours?
No, but I got spinners on mine as a bonus throw-in during my negotiations with the dealer. I'll have to look into the neon LEDs!
Old 06-06-2017, 10:59 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Spinners!!!! I'm jealous!!! Oh, but I have the sparkplug exhaust mod that causes open flames to shoot out the exhaust tips - on downshifts. But only in the S mode of course. :-)
Old 06-06-2017, 11:33 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Spinners!!!! I'm jealous!!! Oh, but I have the sparkplug exhaust mod that causes open flames to shoot out the exhaust tips - on downshifts. But only in the S mode of course. :-)
You mean something like this? Holy s*** I need this! :-)

Old 06-06-2017, 11:42 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Who needs neonz when your flame throwing exhaust is so hot it's about melt?!

Quick Reply: Selling my 2015 S3...... link in thread