Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

Are there no used prestige S3's???

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2018, 04:23 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are there no used prestige S3's???

Hey guys,

I'm currently in the market for a used 2017/2018 S3. I'm looking at a few certified 2017 models and I'm confused about how there are basically no used prestige trim models. I set my search on AutoTrader for 2017 and set the distance from me for literally any distance and I found three. Do they just not build a lot of Prestige trims or do people just not sell them after they're built? I can't even find brand new 2018 Audi S3 with the prestige trim....something must be wrong. Do they just mark everything under the premium plus trim..? Take this one for example; is this a premium plus or a prestige? I honestly can't tell...

To be honest, the only things I really care about from the prestige trim are the Audi virtual cockpit and the Bang & Olufsen sound system. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 11-08-2018, 04:25 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Can't find a way to edit my post but I expanded my search for brand new S3 prestige models and AutoTrader literally has a whopping six listed....
Old 11-08-2018, 07:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They don't seem to do many Prestige S3s. Premium Plus with Tech and Black Optic seemed to be the popular configuration. Tech package gives you the virtual cockpit and B&O, right?
Old 11-08-2018, 03:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You aren't going to be able to find many because pretty much all prestige trim levels on the S3 are customer orders. So if you ever wanted to buy an S3 off the showroom floor you would have to get a Premium Plus (unless a customer ordered a Prestige and then backed out). I personally wanted a Prestige when I bought my car but I didn't want to wait the several months for them to build it.

Unless you are in a hurry I would wait it out and try to find a used Prestige, it may take another several months for you to find a 17 or 18 in Prestige but they will eventually surface. I really wish I had the adaptive cruise control, folding mirrors, additional LED lighting that the Prestige trims get.
Old 11-08-2018, 07:06 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,065 Likes on 740 Posts

Across the lineup, the vast majority of customers buy P+. Dealers don't stock Prestige. The ones you are finding are most likely sold orders that are still en route or the buyer backed out. Consequently there are many fewer used specimen, too. People who custom order are probably much less likely to sell this soon

Last edited by superswiss; 11-08-2018 at 09:37 PM.
Old 11-08-2018, 07:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Nachos Libres
You aren't going to be able to find many because pretty much all prestige trim levels on the S3 are customer orders. So if you ever wanted to buy an S3 off the showroom floor you would have to get a Premium Plus (unless a customer ordered a Prestige and then backed out). I personally wanted a Prestige when I bought my car but I didn't want to wait the several months for them to build it.

Unless you are in a hurry I would wait it out and try to find a used Prestige, it may take another several months for you to find a 17 or 18 in Prestige but they will eventually surface. I really wish I had the adaptive cruise control, folding mirrors, additional LED lighting that the Prestige trims get.

Agree with this one from my end as well. I went to the dealer interested in the Prestige S3 last year and salesman told me that those were custom orders only and not stocked on the lot like P+ (saw it stated on the order form that I signed as well). I ended up waiting ~5 months for my Prestige 17 to arrive on the west coast. I am sure more will turn up as some trade up into something new but you will most likely have to wait a bit longer. Not sure if Audi changed this for the 2018 MY but I would guess not since it is a higher cost order that may sit on the lot.
Old 11-08-2018, 08:41 PM
Audiworld Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Echoing what others have said - S3 Prestige is special order only. If all you really care about is virtual cockpit and B&O audio, those are very common options on a P+. The options that I know are only available on a 2018 S3 Prestige are 12V outlets (rear seat and trunk), active lane assist, adaptive cruise control, automatic high beams and heated auto-dimming power-folding side mirrors.
Old 11-09-2018, 04:15 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thanks a lot, everyone!

It does seem like I can live without the exclusive features that the Prestige trim has but they would be nice to have. I know that I definitely want a 2017+ because of the facelift. I don't plan on picking up a S3 until February so I'll keep my eyes open and see if any used Prestige models are out there at that point.
Old 11-09-2018, 05:54 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was looking for a prestige S3 2018 version myself and only found a few. But I agree with the threads, when I found a 2018 S3 tech sport package with the 19’ inch rims and the RS3 sport diamond stich seats, VC off the show room floor, with everything a prestige has, minus the fold in mirrors and power seats. I jumped on it and talked them down to 46K tax and license over a 49K invoice! Link below is a list of prestige S3’s.

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...dEntity=c26061

Happy hunting!

Good luck on your find.

Originally Posted by AkiraSieghart
Hey guys,

I'm currently in the market for a used 2017/2018 S3. I'm looking at a few certified 2017 models and I'm confused about how there are basically no used prestige trim models. I set my search on AutoTrader for 2017 and set the distance from me for literally any distance and I found three. Do they just not build a lot of Prestige trims or do people just not sell them after they're built? I can't even find brand new 2018 Audi S3 with the prestige trim....something must be wrong. Do they just mark everything under the premium plus trim..? Take this one for example; is this a premium plus or a prestige? I honestly can't tell...

To be honest, the only things I really care about from the prestige trim are the Audi virtual cockpit and the Bang & Olufsen sound system. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 11-09-2018, 07:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AkiraSieghart
Thanks a lot, everyone!

It does seem like I can live without the exclusive features that the Prestige trim has but they would be nice to have. I know that I definitely want a 2017+ because of the facelift. I don't plan on picking up a S3 until February so I'll keep my eyes open and see if any used Prestige models are out there at that point.
One thing to look for in regard to 17 MY, is some B&O cars do not have subwoofer control. Audi is aware of the issue but not software fix yet (been a year thus far) for early builds of the 2017 model year. Not a major deal breaker since the overall car is great but if you are looking might as well check before plunking the cash down. 2018 the issue was fixed.

Quick Reply: Are there no used prestige S3's???