Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

VAG-COM, Proper Interface for the 2015 A3 8V

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2014, 10:54 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default VAG-COM, Proper Interface for the 2015 A3 8V

About to pull the trigger on a VAG-COM, but wondering if I need to go HEX-CAN or if the Micro-CAN is enough.

I definitely do not want any limitations, but if the Micro-CAN is good enough, I'll save $100.

Thoughts, suggestions, etc.?

Thanks all
Old 12-26-2014, 11:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Either.

http://download.ross-tech.com/VCDS/d...lityCharts.pdf

Last edited by Syrome; 12-26-2014 at 11:07 AM.
Old 12-26-2014, 11:16 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Thanks! I must have missed that PDF on the Ross-Tech site!
Old 12-26-2014, 03:35 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

+1 tried my HEX+CAN - USB already on my S3
Old 12-28-2014, 10:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Check your local craigslist. I was going to buy one as well and found a guy renting one out. After you buy it, you will use it for a day and then it will sit.

I've spent 20 bucks to rent and have done all the upgrades now to my car. Will rent again if any future updates come out (I hope adjusting steering weight for non-sport/drive select cars). The comfort open/close, increasing the blinkers on tap, needle sweep, and oil temp was what I wanted.
Old 12-29-2014, 11:07 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by mroberte
Check your local craigslist. I was going to buy one as well and found a guy renting one out. After you buy it, you will use it for a day and then it will sit.

I've spent 20 bucks to rent and have done all the upgrades now to my car. Will rent again if any future updates come out (I hope adjusting steering weight for non-sport/drive select cars). The comfort open/close, increasing the blinkers on tap, needle sweep, and oil temp was what I wanted.
Did the comfort open/close work? I tried it on mine, and it didnt seem to...
Old 12-29-2014, 02:01 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Dude, don't buy it, swing by the mission and borrow mine! (I charge beer).
Old 12-29-2014, 05:57 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

The comfort open/close, increasing the blinkers on tap, needle sweep, and oil temp was what I wanted.
Maybe it's because I'm a complete noob with this, but what exactly does a VAG-COM do? (besides sound dirty)

I can estimate that you added more blinker flashes when you press the stalk, but what are the other mods you mentioned?
Old 12-29-2014, 08:28 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Quattro_Quattro
Maybe it's because I'm a complete noob with this, but what exactly does a VAG-COM do? (besides sound dirty)

I can estimate that you added more blinker flashes when you press the stalk, but what are the other mods you mentioned?
Hahahaha, it does sound dirty.

It's software that technicians usually use to diagnose and configure the electronics in VW/Audi/Skoda and a few others, it's made-up of Windows Software and a special cable to connect to the car.

This is my favorite vendor:

Ross-Tech: Home
Old 12-30-2014, 12:44 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by arU4ic
It's software that technicians usually use to diagnose and configure the electronics in VW/Audi/Skoda and a few others, it's made-up of Windows Software and a special cable to connect to the car.
I'm assuming this is something that Audi would look down upon when considering a warranty issue?

Quick Reply: VAG-COM, Proper Interface for the 2015 A3 8V