Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKIII Discussion forum for the 2022 and up Audi A3, S3 and RS3

2022 RS3 Orders

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2022, 11:10 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Well well well. Just ran a 2022 RS3 search nationwide and 275 cars just popped up! Most are already built with VIN numbers. They are coming!
Old 06-03-2022, 11:23 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

Our first one is on the way

Black/Black/Black Optics Plus, Tech, Sport Exhaust, Side Assist, All Weather Mats
Old 06-03-2022, 11:25 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Dsmaj
I placed an order this morning (upstate NY Audi) was told Audi is no longer accepting 2022 orders & was able to place one for a 2023. The order guide opened up today
there isn't a 23 order guide that includes an RS3 yet, I promise you. The 22 orders are still being accepted and going to waitlist (unless that match up to the given allocations by Audi to that dealer)
Old 06-03-2022, 11:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by SCarGuy
there isn't a 23 order guide that includes an RS3 yet, I promise you. The 22 orders are still being accepted and going to waitlist (unless that match up to the given allocations by Audi to that dealer)
Too many if's and but's about what is or isn't going to be available with respect to a new RS 3. I am simply going to tell
people who approach us to ask about our 2019 RS 3, that trying to actually buy a new one may be a problem!
Old 06-03-2022, 11:46 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by rodpaine
Too many if's and but's abut what is or isn't going to be available with respect to the RS 3! I am simply going to tell
people who approach us to ask about our 2019 RS 3, that trying to actually buy a new one may be a problem!
There are no ifs or buts, so I don't follow what you're saying at all, sorry.

There is a 2022, there will be a 2023. As I wrote back weeks/months ago, the initial batch of market intro cars are arriving. Some are with dealers as of today, others are in transit. They are all packaged one of 2 ways (Tech, Side Assist, Black Optics, Sport Exhaust; or, the preceding + Carbon/Dynamic Plus)in a variety of colors. Audi built the cars, and handed them out. The dealer did not order them. The initial run, which I also mentioned would be the case a while back, is a few hundred cars. No idea what 2023 production run will look like as it hasn't begun yet, and it isn't orderable yet. My guess? 600-700 cars. Getting an RS3 was never really a problem for anyone who actually was in the market to buy one. Getting one if you wanted specific color/packages, always was a bit of an issue, and will remain such, because ultimately there are lots of variables and most RS buyers factory order their car in the first place.

Old 06-03-2022, 12:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

There are no ifs or buts, so I don't follow what you're saying at all, sorry.

There is a 2022, there will be a 2023. As I wrote back weeks/months ago, the initial batch of market intro cars are arriving. Some are with dealers as of today, others are in transit. They are all packaged one of 2 ways (Tech, Side Assist, Black Optics, Sport Exhaust; or, the preceding + Carbon/Dynamic Plus)in a variety of colors. Audi built the cars, and handed them out. The dealer did not order them. The initial run, which I also mentioned would be the case a while back, is a few hundred cars. No idea what 2023 production run will look like as it hasn't begun yet, and it isn't orderable yet. My guess? 600-700 cars. Getting an RS3 was never really a problem for anyone who actually was in the market to buy one. Getting one if you wanted specific color/packages, always was a bit of an issue, and will remain such, because ultimately there are lots of variables and most RS buyers factory order their car in the first place.
I should clarify! The people who have approached me (9 to date) about buying an RS 3 have had fairly poor responses from the dealer sales person who they talked to. Much of the conversation seemed pretty 'iffy' pertaining to when the new models would actually become available to actually see and when was this going to actually to happen...let alone any conversation about RS 3 specific interests or technical details!

I am not at all sure what you're driving at but I don't understand your position. All I know is what I learned from talking to 9 individuals who approached me to ask about where and when we bought our 2019 RS 3 and what was our opinion about the RS 3 and how were we using it. Only 2 said they would be using an RS 3 such as we were during making fast country back road runs 3 days a week, weather permitting. The others indicated they would be using an RS 3 as they do their current automobiles... going to from and work, shopping, getting the kids to school and some trips to visit friends and family.

I am sorry you disagree with my comments about our Audi RS 3 experience, but this is the way it played out during such conversations with nine different people, who approached us to ask question about our 2019 Audi RS 3.
Old 06-03-2022, 12:37 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by rodpaine
I should clarify! The people who have approached me (9 to date) about buying an RS 3 have had fairly poor responses from the dealer sales person who they talked to. Much of the conversation seemed pretty 'iffy' pertaining to when the new models would actually become available to actually see and when was this going to actually to happen...let alone any conversation about RS 3 specific interests or technical details!

I am not at all sure what you're driving at but I don't understand your position. All I know is what I learned from talking to 9 individuals who approached me to ask about where and when we bought our 2019 RS 3 and what was our opinion about the RS 3 and how were we using it. Only 2 said they would be using an RS 3 such as we were during making fast country back road runs 3 days a week, weather permitting. The others indicated they would be using an RS 3 as they do their current automobiles... going to from and work, shopping, getting the kids to school and some trips to visit friends and family.

I am sorry you disagree with my comments about our Audi RS 3 experience, but this is the way it played out during such conversations with nine different people, who approached us to ask question about our 2019 Audi RS 3.
Assuming those conversations took place prior to today, no good dealer would, or even could commit to a date, because they simply didn't know. Not all dealers will even get one, now, or ever. It's not a mass market car. Not ever dealer wants one in stock either. As far as technical details, sounds like a local dealer problem. We've had technical details for nearly a year now; I've freely shared them to anyone who has inquired, including on my instagram page
Old 06-03-2022, 01:23 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Assuming those conversations took place prior to today, no good dealer would, or even could commit to a date, because they simply didn't know. Not all dealers will even get one, now, or ever. It's not a mass market car. Not ever dealer wants one in stock either. As far as technical details, sounds like a local dealer problem. We've had technical details for nearly a year now; I've freely shared them to anyone who has inquired, including on my instagram page
100% correct. There was zero communication to dealers regarding launch date and I was somewhat surprised when those popped up. I'm at an Audi Sport store and we didn't get one today sadly. Currently have 8 orders in wait list including my own.
Old 06-03-2022, 01:33 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Reedy26
100% correct. There was zero communication to dealers regarding launch date and I was somewhat surprised when those popped up. I'm at an Audi Sport store and we didn't get one today sadly. Currently have 8 orders in wait list including my own.
it's a bit weird, in that none show actually in stock as of now; perhaps they are internally marked sold (not a bad idea tbh). 10 show at the port, nationwide. But I know a few got em today. I'm not a sport store, which is why I am sure mine is lagging behind a touch. I've got 6 ordered, but I have not ordered mine yet, as I'm waiting to see the exclusive list, to see if I got that route, or more one-off.
Old 06-03-2022, 03:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts

I guess I'll ask my sales rep some questions tomorrow.

Quick Reply: 2022 RS3 Orders