Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKIII Discussion forum for the 2022 and up Audi A3, S3 and RS3

Anyone have buyers remorse from 8Y RS3 purchase?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2023, 09:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
Default Anyone have buyers remorse from 8Y RS3 purchase?

Buyers remorse from the perspective of its to expensive for what it is, you regret what you traded in or no way its worth every penny!
Old 12-13-2023, 11:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 81 Likes on 55 Posts

I feel like almost every person I've seen that gets out of their RS3 quickly has 1 of 2 reasons. The first is they need to buy a house with their partner so they're downgrading cars to afford the house. The 2nd is they just simply bought the wrong car. The only people I've seen unhappy with their rs3 end up buying a car that's more expensive, like $20-40k or more than a rs3. I saw a guy complaining about his rs3 and then he mentioned he was going to upgrade into a R8.

I've always been a gti and golf r buyer, so I'm pretty happy.
The following users liked this post:
AdamSheikh (12-13-2023)
Old 12-13-2023, 12:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 113 Likes on 74 Posts

No regerts, not even one letter.

Cheers!
GuidoB4 (12-13-2023)
Old 12-13-2023, 05:07 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Couldn't be happier with my purchase. Not much else to say.
Old 12-13-2023, 07:23 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Former GTI owner here. I commute to work with the same driving habits as before, but other drivers really don't like Audi drivers in comparison to VW. I've been visually told I'm number 1.
Also, the gas cap doesn't fit on the fuel door as easily at fill-ups. So there's my gripes. Otherwise, the engine, handling and brakes are a blast.
AdamSheikh (12-13-2023)
Old 12-14-2023, 04:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Well, at the risk of getting booed off stage, I really like, but am not in love with, my RS3. Taking a quick look at Car & Driver test results, the 2008 Audi R8 did 0-60 in 4.3 seconds, and the quarter mile in 12.8 seconds at 112 mph. Car & Driver tested the 2024 RS3 with 0-60 in 3.3 seconds and the quarter mile in 11.8 seconds at 117 mph (with the Trofeo R tires). What does this mean? Somebody at least sort of famous once said, "it's more fun to drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow". I don't track my RS3 so I spend all my time on public roads. On public roads, I just don't find myself pushing the car very much because, when I do push it, I quickly find myself going faster than I'm comfortable going on a public road. It's not that the car doesn't maintain its composure or that it's not capable of going signficantly faster without missing a beat, it's just that I'm not comfortable going crazy fast on streets I'm sharing with other people (go crazy fast on a track and I'm risking my life, so I feel like it's totally my decision, go crazy fast on public roads, I feel like I'm risking other people's lives, even if I think I'm alone on a particular stretch of road so, not so much my decision).

This is a long way of saying, despite the fact it may make me sound like an old fart (which maybe I am?), I think the RS3 may just be too fast for me to have a lot of fun street driving. I find myself spending very little time at full throttle or really pushing the car at all. I have toyed with swapping my RS3 out for something like a Toyota GR Corolla, Civic Type R, Integra Type S, or even maybe a ***gasp*** a WRX. I wonder if one of these cars would let me push the car harder before reaching speeds I consider "too fast" for driving while sharing the road. Is it blasphemy to suggest that many of today's performance cars may simply be too fast to enjoy off of a track because, I'm starting to think that might be the case.

Second gripe, figuring out snow tires has been a real pain in the butt. I'm getting some on next week.

Matt
AscariBlue (01-09-2024)
Old 12-14-2023, 04:57 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 487 Likes on 310 Posts

Originally Posted by Thevenin
...but other drivers really don't like Audi drivers in comparison to VW. I've been visually told I'm number 1.
I've never had that reaction in either of my S4s or my RS5.
Old 12-14-2023, 06:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

I really love my S3 and i just paid it off. It only has 35,000 miles on it. I can afford the RS3, but I feel it could be irresponsible to go pay $70,000 for another car. Granted i have about $25,000 of equity in the S3, so its really only like $45,000. Part of me thinks I should lease a Q5 and keep my S3. Either way the RS3 should keep enough value if I change my mind.
Old 12-14-2023, 06:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Dan99
I've never had that reaction in either of my S4s or my RS5.
Me neither. The biggest A Holes on the road are by far people with Pick up trucks. Just because you have a V8 does NOT mean you have a sports car.
TT-S4 (05-01-2024)
Old 12-14-2023, 06:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by mattgum
Well, at the risk of getting booed off stage, I really like, but am not in love with, my RS3. Taking a quick look at Car & Driver test results, the 2008 Audi R8 did 0-60 in 4.3 seconds, and the quarter mile in 12.8 seconds at 112 mph. Car & Driver tested the 2024 RS3 with 0-60 in 3.3 seconds and the quarter mile in 11.8 seconds at 117 mph (with the Trofeo R tires). What does this mean? Somebody at least sort of famous once said, "it's more fun to drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow". I don't track my RS3 so I spend all my time on public roads. On public roads, I just don't find myself pushing the car very much because, when I do push it, I quickly find myself going faster than I'm comfortable going on a public road. It's not that the car doesn't maintain its composure or that it's not capable of going signficantly faster without missing a beat, it's just that I'm not comfortable going crazy fast on streets I'm sharing with other people (go crazy fast on a track and I'm risking my life, so I feel like it's totally my decision, go crazy fast on public roads, I feel like I'm risking other people's lives, even if I think I'm alone on a particular stretch of road so, not so much my decision).

This is a long way of saying, despite the fact it may make me sound like an old fart (which maybe I am?), I think the RS3 may just be too fast for me to have a lot of fun street driving. I find myself spending very little time at full throttle or really pushing the car at all. I have toyed with swapping my RS3 out for something like a Toyota GR Corolla, Civic Type R, Integra Type S, or even maybe a ***gasp*** a WRX. I wonder if one of these cars would let me push the car harder before reaching speeds I consider "too fast" for driving while sharing the road. Is it blasphemy to suggest that many of today's performance cars may simply be too fast to enjoy off of a track because, I'm starting to think that might be the case.

Second gripe, figuring out snow tires has been a real pain in the butt. I'm getting some on next week.

Matt
What car did you have before this?

Quick Reply: Anyone have buyers remorse from 8Y RS3 purchase?