Tinted Window Scratched...Due to frameless window

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2019, 06:26 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tinted Window Scratched...Due to frameless window

So I took delivery of my 2019 S5 Sportback in January. I love it!! However, I had the windows tinted and soon after saw a huge scratch on the driver side window. I had it detailed and had the detailer try to buff it out, with no luck. I then had a my tint guy look at it. He said there is probably something in the door panel scratching the film. I then called my salesman at the dealership. He is great, I've done several purchases through him and he always goes above and beyond to help me. After a little investigating he got back to me and said, it's a known issue with the all the 5's that have frameless windows. He said Audi is working on a fix/solution but since it's only occurring on after market tinting and not with factory window glass, they are probably going to be slow to resolve. So, my question for anyone reading this is.... Have you had the same issue? Have you found a fix for it? Or are we all screwed until Audi comes up with something. I love the look of my S5. It's Quantum Grey with Black optics. I've ordered black emblems and have Titan 7 wheels coming. Also, AWE switch path exhaust suite with intake. I am obviously taking pride in it, but that scratch is taking away from that last 1% of total satisfaction. Thanks for taking the time to read and please keep any comments positive. I'm not looking for a debate or negative discussion.
Old 03-16-2019, 07:52 AM
Club AutoUnion

Received 2,146 Likes on 1,379 Posts

Here’s a thread for you — it’s a known situation:

Tint Scratches

— John
Old 03-16-2019, 08:02 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks