Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

2.0t A-5 Coming to the USA very soon

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 10:29 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jamblastx
I am now rethinking ordering a 2010 2.0T and instead get a 2009 (I want a manual). Reason is that I currently have the 2.0T in my 06 GTI and yes, while it is an amazing engine, over the last four weeks it has been at the dealer four times due to the check engine light popping on. So far they have replaced an extensive amount of parts including the turbocharger but yet after leaving the dealer, within 35 miles...there it comes on again
How many miles on your GTI? Is it tuned?
Old 04-21-2009, 11:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by A34T
How many miles on your GTI? Is it tuned?
It has 48,000 miles and since it is leased, it is not tuned
Old 04-21-2009, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by acadia
But back to the point, the S5 again, was a great unbelievably gorgeous car, I've literally had people say, I didn' tknow Audi made cars like that. And for me, it was like well do the research. I did like the exclusivity in the sense not of cost, but because, people just didn't know. For the A5 putting in the 2.0t is simply about selling more the cars, which ultimately may lead to a mentality where it's just about selling more cars, where right now, I think Audi was aobut making great cars and therefore they sold. Either, way, I don't want Audi to become anything like BMW or Benz. It's not about being showy, that's what I loved aobut the company.
I understand and respect your perspective. I just want to state that I'm a car fan in general. When I first saw the A5/S5 in an autoshow I was like WOW this car is gorgeous.

I was never fan of Audi design until recently when they released the 2nd Audi TT, the R8, A5/S5 and the A4. I don't mean to offend anybody here since this is an audi forum but I never thought that there cars were appealing until now. Just my opinion.

As for being showy when one of the greatest designers in automotive industry thinks this is one of the greatest designs he ever did. Its going to be showy, and turn heads in that sense.
Old 04-22-2009, 10:09 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Just Spoke to my guy at Keyes Van Nuys Audi

Just Spoke to my guy at Keyes Van Nuys Audi, and he said that I can order the A5 2.0t today, but delivery wont be until December not sure if that's the consensus. I have an 08 A5 3.2 S line, and the thing is a Lemon, so I am dealing with Audi doing a buyback right now, and the 2.0t is the best engine ever! You can mod the crap outa that thing, and who doesn't love boost. The feeling of Boost way outweighs the feeling of driving the 3.2
Old 04-22-2009, 08:27 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tymfree
Just Spoke to my guy at Keyes Van Nuys Audi, and he said that I can order the A5 2.0t today, but delivery wont be until December
WTF?
Old 04-23-2009, 04:07 AM
AudiWorld Super User

[QUOTE=cjwb1984;23772084]I understand and respect your perspective. I just want to state that I'm a car fan in general. When I first saw the A5/S5 in an autoshow I was like WOW this car is gorgeous.

I was never fan of Audi design until recently when they released the 2nd Audi TT, the R8, A5/S5 and the A4. I don't mean to offend anybody here since this is an audi forum but I never thought that there cars were appealing until now. Just my opinion.

As for being showy when one of the greatest designers in automotive industry thinks this is one of the greatest designs he ever did. Its going to be showy, and turn heads in that sense.[/QOUTE]

It's ok, Audi has attracted alot of new buyers people that weren't interested in Audi before. I think for the long time fans, I've like the B5 A4 since I first saw it as a teenager, ultimately, what I found with buyers of that day is that they appreciated the understated gloriousness of Audi design. For example, the A8, it's that understated presence, you don't see tons of them, but they really are sexy when you get into one and actually are in the "know". You know, as one person, put it's the guy that walks into the room wearing a crisp finally taylor suit that doesn't have to say much. It was like the anti-BMW, and many Audi buyers appreciate that believe it or not, you felt a certain level of exclusivity in that, even though at the time BMW and Mercedes had bigger nams in the USA, the exclusivity came in the fact people just didn't know. It's just a different kind of buyer, and the hope is to not alienate that contigency, but Audi alas has to appeal to a broader market to keep growing, hopefully, it doesn't completely abandon that philosophy for sake of more buyers, it's what helped them get where they are , make great machines, and simply put the "truth" was in fact in the engineering.
Old 04-23-2009, 07:09 AM
AudiWorld Super User

LOL! You're like a broken record. I'm glad it's coming because I know how much it will annoy people like you.
Old 04-24-2009, 02:13 PM
Audiworld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tymfree
Just Spoke to my guy at Keyes Van Nuys Audi, and he said that I can order the A5 2.0t today, but delivery wont be until December not sure if that's the consensus. I have an 08 A5 3.2 S line, and the thing is a Lemon, so I am dealing with Audi doing a buyback right now, and the 2.0t is the best engine ever! You can mod the crap outa that thing, and who doesn't love boost. The feeling of Boost way outweighs the feeling of driving the 3.2
Don't know about the West Coast, but at least here in the NYC area the first 2.0Ts are scheduled to arrive much earlier - I have one on order for July delivery. I believe I am in one of the first few weeks of 2010 production, as I have the first 2010 allocation at one of the bigger dealerships in the NYC area.
Old 04-24-2009, 08:46 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by scottacus
Don't know about the West Coast, but at least here in the NYC area the first 2.0Ts are scheduled to arrive much earlier - I have one on order for July delivery. I believe I am in one of the first few weeks of 2010 production, as I have the first 2010 allocation at one of the bigger dealerships in the NYC area.
When did you place the order?
Old 04-25-2009, 05:05 AM
Audiworld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tubi
When did you place the order?
I finalized the order yesterday, but had been talking about ordering one of the first 2010s in advance of that. (The first allocations don't close until mid-May, so there is still time to order at a dealership that still has an open allocation.)

Quick Reply: 2.0t A-5 Coming to the USA very soon