Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

2011 S5 Cab is Here

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2010, 06:42 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2011 S5 Cab is Here

I picked it up yesterday and had to drive home through some rain, so no pix until she's clean again. What a ride though. Wow! It was about 98 degrees here yesterday, so I put the top up when I got to the interstate for the 100 mile ride home from the dealership. I could not believe how quiet it was inside. Astounding.

I have had many cars and sometimes on the way home from the dealership I get to wondering if I made the right choice. Generally, the cars grow on me and I am glad to have made the purchase. When I picked up my S8 in 2001, I drove home about 40 miles and just was not sure. But each day that I drove it, I loved it more and more. To this day, it's my favorite.

The S5 Cab just surprised me yesterday. It was better than I expected and that's without really getting anywhere near it's capabilities. It's just so refined, yet capable of so much. The B&O is superb, and while not quite as good as the one in my Q7, it's not far off.

I will post more impressions and some pix soon.

2011 S5 Cab
Prestige
Audi Drive Select
Side Assist
Stainless Steel Inlays
Old 08-10-2010, 06:43 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Sorry, forgot colors:

Deep Sea Blue
Black/Tuscan
Old 08-10-2010, 07:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats on getting the S5 Cab.

Regarding the B&O in the S5 versus the Q7, the plus side is that you don't have to pay an arm or a leg for it (of course, most of the cost in the Q7 and R8's B&O are the pop-up tweeters and other differences).

Have you fallen in love with the exhaust pop when the car shifts? That was the thing that I loved about the cab when I took one on a test drive.
Old 08-10-2010, 02:22 PM
CSB
Audiworld Junior Member

Congrats. Must be a beautiful car. Can't wait to see some pictures I'm glad to hear your first impressions were more than you expected. I'm expecting mine anytime now. Ordered first of June. Where are you located? Hopefully mine was on the same boat.
Old 08-10-2010, 06:20 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by CSB
Congrats. Must be a beautiful car. Can't wait to see some pictures I'm glad to hear your first impressions were more than you expected. I'm expecting mine anytime now. Ordered first of June. Where are you located? Hopefully mine was on the same boat.
Hi Guys,

I've been lurking for a while.

Just want to question you on this. Aren't the S5's a 5 month delivery?
They were the last time I asked.
I know the Q7 has gone nuts and has extended delivery times, has this not affected the S5?
Old 08-10-2010, 06:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Delivery times seem to be about 3 months now that the 2011's have been released.
Old 08-11-2010, 09:57 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 82 Likes on 62 Posts

Congrats, and I agree with everything you said. It didn't take me any time to know that I had made the right decision driving home from the dealership. I picked up mine in the cold gloom of winter and was also surpised at how quiet and secure it was with the top up. 8 months and 6,000 miles and I love it more every day. In fact, I am so sold on this car we are seriously considering trading the G37 Coupe for an S5 Coupe once they introduce the 3.0T engine.

Re: ordering time, I ordered in late Sept. and took delivery in mid-Dec. 2009. Approx. 3 months.

Post pics! Would love to see the color combo.
Old 08-11-2010, 11:12 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by questionlp
Congrats on getting the S5 Cab.

Regarding the B&O in the S5 versus the Q7, the plus side is that you don't have to pay an arm or a leg for it (of course, most of the cost in the Q7 and R8's B&O are the pop-up tweeters and other differences).

Have you fallen in love with the exhaust pop when the car shifts? That was the thing that I loved about the cab when I took one on a test drive.

Why didn't I like that pop when everyone else does? that turned me off of the S5. I am glad I didn't get it because my A5 is so surefooted and pretty peppy. I can't keep it within legal limits. The S5 would have me walking due to a suspended license.

Congrats on the new car!!
Old 08-11-2010, 11:29 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I do love the pop in the exhaust, but then again, I am a racer, and I tend to like my cars loud. My 1987 Camaro American Sedan racer used to shake the house when we started her up in the driveway to load onto the trailer. And it would interfere with all the satellite television reception in the house. That's my kind of car. :-)
Old 08-11-2010, 11:30 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by vinum coupe
Hi Guys,

I've been lurking for a while.

Just want to question you on this. Aren't the S5's a 5 month delivery?
They were the last time I asked.
I know the Q7 has gone nuts and has extended delivery times, has this not affected the S5?
I ordered in late May and got lucky. Mine was the first 2011 to arrive at the dealership.

Quick Reply: 2011 S5 Cab is Here