Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

2013 S5 with kids ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2012, 01:00 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 S5 with kids ?

I am so on the fence here. Have two boys 10 and 12. Both cars are amazing but I think the S5 is so much nicer looking.

Any others out there use this with kids ? Our other car is an MDX for carpool, trips etc...
Old 09-02-2012, 02:13 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Snikt21
I am so on the fence here. Have two boys 10 and 12. Both cars are amazing but I think the S5 is so much nicer looking.

Any others out there use this with kids ? Our other car is an MDX for carpool, trips etc...

Sorry, meant
to say my choice is between S4 and S5
Old 09-02-2012, 02:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

If you use the back seat often, strongly consider the S4. The S5 rear seat is a PITA to get in and out of. And no leg room.

The S5 is really just a 2+2. Not to mention it might get a little beat up with kids that age climbing in and out.
Old 09-02-2012, 04:39 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I went through a similar decision a week ago. I have a 6 year old daughter. I ended up going with the S5 Cabriolet and after a week of drop offs it hasn't been as much of a PITA as I thought it would be. The top down experience far out weighs the inconvenience of the small back seat.

I'd recommend taking the kids on a test drive and try getting them in and out a few times to see how it goes.
Old 09-02-2012, 05:01 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by niloch
I went through a similar decision a week ago. I have a 6 year old daughter. I ended up going with the S5 Cabriolet and after a week of drop offs it hasn't been as much of a PITA as I thought it would be. The top down experience far out weighs the inconvenience of the small back seat.

I'd recommend taking the kids on a test drive and try getting them in and out a few times to see how it goes.

Thanks. I would be going coupe instead of cab so can"t just throw them in . My boys loved the S5 and are beggin me to get it. My wife, well....
Old 09-03-2012, 04:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

I would have the whole family ride in even the S4 prior to purchasing. I know when my seat is adjusted to my liking there is minimal leg room in the back seat. I would take them all on the test drive with you for that reason alone.
Old 09-03-2012, 06:24 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by doobs41378
I would have the whole family ride in even the S4 prior to purchasing. I know when my seat is adjusted to my liking there is minimal leg room in the back seat. I would take them all on the test drive with you for that reason alone.
+1

Ask your CA/Sales Mgr for an extended test drive of both the S4 and S5. To get sense of space the A4 and A5 would work as well. This is critical in knowing whether if will work for your situation. My dealer provided both a S4 and A5 to me for 24 hours. While not expected, it was a great opportunity for me to use both cars in my normal/everyday driving.

Like you, I prefer the styling of the S5 and need to accommodate a family of four. My wife will be ordering a Allroad or equivalent vehicle. So this will serve as the family hauler. The majority of the time I will be the lone occupant. But the S5 can hold my family of four.

Whatever you do, extensively test drive both with your family just to be sure.
Old 09-03-2012, 06:49 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by NHman
+1

Ask your CA/Sales Mgr for an extended test drive of both the S4 and S5. To get sense of space the A4 and A5 would work as well. This is critical in knowing whether if will work for your situation. My dealer provided both a S4 and A5 to me for 24 hours. While not expected, it was a great opportunity for me to use both cars in my normal/everyday driving.

Like you, I prefer the styling of the S5 and need to accommodate a family of four. My wife will be ordering a Allroad or equivalent vehicle. So this will serve as the family hauler. The majority of the time I will be the lone occupant. But the S5 can hold my family of four.

Whatever you do, extensively test drive both with your family just to be sure.
Thanks . Great advice. So, did you go for the S5 ?
Old 09-03-2012, 07:49 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Snikt21
Thanks . Great advice. So, did you go for the S5 ?
I would say that I'm leaning that way. I don't want the S5 (or other choice in vehicle) until next April. Therefore my order will not go in until December. I figure 4 months for delivery as I would be going with Sepang Blue (individual/exclusive color).

My short list of vehicles would include the following;

S5, S4, M3 coupe or JGC SRT8. I would throw the RS5 in there but I can't bring myself into paying MSRP for a vehicle. Perhaps by December the market will cool down but I suspect it will remain. My current DD is a MY11 JGC Overland and would be the best vehicle to use for the upcoming winter.
Old 09-03-2012, 08:04 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

10 - 15 year old kids will fit nicely on the back of an S5 with no problem. I've loaded adults less than 5'7" and they had no problem.

Asked your kids if they like to be seen riding an S5 or S4. If they say S5, then they'll have no problem enduring the entrance to the back-seat.

However, if you tell me, you want to ride your grandma or grandpa on the back, get an S4. Kids are much more versatile. It would however be easier for them to get in and out of an S4. But if they like the looks of an S5 driving them to school, go for it.

Quick Reply: 2013 S5 with kids ?