Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

2013 s5 tune by Stasis

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2013, 08:40 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 s5 tune by Stasis

Anyone else considering or already have this ecu mod for their car? I'm considering it, as I'd love the additional torque/HP, but I'm also worried about the potential strain it will put on the engine and adverse effect it might have on resale value. I'd love any thought/guidance ppl have on the "stage 1" mod. I don't plan on going any further than stage 1, and I don't plan on doing any other mods to the car -- I'm never going to track my car and I only want to use it as my weekend car (I use public transportation to get to and from work). Thanks in advance for any advice/thoughts.
Old 05-23-2013, 10:31 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Howdy.
I just had their stage one flash l few days ago. The difference is quite noticeable.. Feels like somebody took the restrictor plate off the thing. As far as strain on the motor, remember that Audi intentionally detuned these engines so they will fall into their respective price/model/power classes.. So, the A5 will have 100hp less than the S5 and RS5 will have 100hp more than the s5 etc..stepped to reflect price..

These motors can handle a tremendous amount of additional tune.. mostly you would need to replace certain parts if you go higher,, but the stage 1 Stasis tune does not surpass the limits this engine can attain.. It just unleashes that which Audi has tamed..

Additionally, Stasis offers their own 4yr/50k mile warranty (which matches the factory one from time of purchase, not from date of upgrade) so if anything should happen and Audi refuses to fix it because you tuned it, Stasis will step in and pay for the complete repair regardless of whose fault of why.. This right here is why I chose Stasis for this upgrade. No other aftermarket company works with Audi in a similar manner..The transmission is also part of this equation and it has been tested to handle the extra torque with no problem..

If your local Stasis outlet does not have the flash thru OBd2 port option, you will have to have them send in the ECU and reinstall it when the mod is returned to you.
Make sure you pay for the warranty option when you order your upgrade..
There is a Revo version that gives you more features but no warranty. The straight stage 1 Stasis tune has optional warranty you can buy ..

So far, extremely happy with the results..

Last edited by Hy Octane; 05-23-2013 at 11:08 AM.
Old 05-23-2013, 12:06 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks for the reply. I'm probably going to go through with this mod. Only thing that sucks is that the nearest Stasis authorized dealer is in Richmond, Va and I'm in Northern Va.

Also, how long did the whole process take for them to flash your car? I'm wondering if I'd be able to drive down and back in the same day.
Old 05-23-2013, 12:23 PM
AudiWorld Super User

No prob. Glad to help..

The whole thing took about 20 minutes.. compared with a week or so if you have to send your ECU in for them to do the mod and send it back for re-installation..the obvious advantage is of course that you dont have to leave the car there and get a ride or rental..

Either way, the good news is that you only have to do this once..

Call Stasis and ask them for options..

AFAIK, the ability to do the Flash upgrade is not available everywhere yet.. They are just rolling out this feature and not every outlet has it ...

However you do it, you will be happy you did..

Enjoy!

Hy..

Last edited by Hy Octane; 05-23-2013 at 12:25 PM.
Old 05-23-2013, 12:24 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Don't assume (like with purchase of a new vehicle) that you can get your Stasis-enhanced vehicle serviced at any Audi dealership. It might be the case, but not necessarily. Could still be worth it to you but something to know going in.
Old 05-23-2013, 12:29 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I'm figuring the tune will likely void the warranty with respect to engine and transmission. I don't anticipate needing repairs for at least a couple years (I've had the car for ~1 yr. and have less than 5K miles on it) and I don't have audicare. Thus, I figure that when I need repair work for my car, I'd likely take it somewhere other than the dealership.
Old 05-23-2013, 01:29 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Many Audi dealerships work with Stasis as authorized dealers/installers..

There is nothing that Audi would need to service in the ECU that would prohibit them form doing service work on your car..In fact. unless you have a serious problem, they probably wouldnt even know you have had it done if you are just in for regular service... and just having your car chipped is not enough by itself to cancel the warranty.
As stated above, Stasis will honor the original Factory warranty if Audi should give you any crap..

We find mostly that those dealerships in smaller cities/town are the ones with the least educated service managers/techs who often are unaware of the actual position Audi takes on these things. They tend to immedeiately revert to scare tactics to make you think the world will end if you do this.. Not true..
Old 05-23-2013, 01:32 PM
AudiWorld Super User

As stated earlier, just having a tune does not automatically void your warranty. Audi and Stasis have reached an agreement between themselves and if Audi can prove that the mod caused the trouble you are trying to get fixed under warranty, ( which the law requires they do and which is really hard for them to prove)Stasis will pick up the tab if Audi declines..
Old 05-23-2013, 02:15 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I'm with you, but only certain Audi dealerships appear to work with Stasis -- for example, no dealerships in the D.C. area work with them and which is why I'd need to go to Richmond to get the car tuned.

Anyway, I'm strongly considering it and will probably contact Richmond (West Broad Audi) to see what they have to say. I may also call my dealer (Audi Chantilly) and get their take. Thanks again for all the input.
Old 05-23-2013, 06:58 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Be mindful of your warranty!

Here is something to consider. Directly from Audi, this notice was posted in the service area of my local dealership when it first came out.
I believe it would be best to contact STaSIS directly and get their input. I'll likely do the same as I would really like a ECU upgrade for my brand new 2013 S5 coupe.
Please read the link posted on another popular Audi Forum.

http://www.audiforum.ca/golden-horse...-stasis-66783/

Quick Reply: 2013 s5 tune by Stasis