Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

2014 A5 Cabriolet wiring help

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2017, 07:25 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 A5 Cabriolet wiring help

Hi,

Just purchased a project car at auction. It a 2015 A5 Cabriolet Premium Plus FWD. It's not currently running and has no electrical. The main wire harness was completely severed in the passenger rear of the vehicle and all the components in that area of the car were damaged. I've found a used wire harness (confirmed with my local Audi that it's a match for my car) and all the components that go in that area of the car. Starting to wire things up and have partial power now. It's easy to determine were a certain wire needs to be connected when the colors match. I have a few extra wires that I can't match up (some or similar colors to wire I already have connected), and two are a totally different color that I can't match to any wire). Lastly, two strange "wires" cut that are black. I use wires loosely as one appears to be a coax cable and the other a thicker black wire that I can't match up. Anyone good with this stuff that can help? I can post picture if needed.
Old 10-08-2017, 04:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Scottrhartman72
Hi,

Just purchased a project car at auction. It a 2015 A5 Cabriolet Premium Plus FWD. It's not currently running and has no electrical. The main wire harness was completely severed in the passenger rear of the vehicle and all the components in that area of the car were damaged. I've found a used wire harness (confirmed with my local Audi that it's a match for my car) and all the components that go in that area of the car. Starting to wire things up and have partial power now. It's easy to determine were a certain wire needs to be connected when the colors match. I have a few extra wires that I can't match up (some or similar colors to wire I already have connected), and two are a totally different color that I can't match to any wire). Lastly, two strange "wires" cut that are black. I use wires loosely as one appears to be a coax cable and the other a thicker black wire that I can't match up. Anyone good with this stuff that can help? I can post picture if needed.
Download the wiring diagrams from all data, I wish a could say more.