Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

2017 A5 Audi Buyback (bad FM reception)

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2017, 08:50 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2017 A5 Audi Buyback (bad FM reception)

Hi all,

The saga no the A5 buyback for bad FM reception keeps going. The original post
(https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-a5-s5-rs5-coupe-cabrio-b8-125/2017-audi-a5-fm-reception-garbage-2931344/#post25029109)
has gotten pretty long so I decided to start another thread.

So after I gave the 24hr gauntlet, Audi overnighted me a buyback offer. The typical, original price minus mileage deprecation.
Fair in my eyes. They wanted me to sign their offer and have it Notarized, then email, FAX or USMail it back. Within
2 weeks of their receipt of the executed offer, they would let me know who/where/when to bring the car to the dealer
and they would inspect if for any damage, dings etc. (devalue if found) and close the transaction(buy back the A5).
I did just that, FAX'd back the following Monday.

Well last week (@1.5wks after I FAX'd back the offer) I had a call from a new lady at Audi of America, Asheda. She said
the had taken over some paperwork from Nicole and had sent a copy of all the paperwork to Bob (Svc. Mgr) at the
local dealer. That he would be in touch with me and he would close the transaction.

Having talked with Bob in the past, a day later I called and left a voicemail to please call me back regarding this buyback.
I wanted to understand what was going to happen. Bob did call, saying he was not the one I would be dealing with,
it would be Ryan, the Gen. Sales Mgr.. That Ryan had not received the paperwork yet, once he did they would take
care of it right away.

So I'll give it a week or so and see what happens. It feels (as it has several times in the past) that this saga will be over
soon and Audi or America will buy back this A5 that can't receive/hold FM radio stations and breaks up....

FYI - Audi never even tried to replace the rear window/antenna, so in my opinion, they know it is a problem and they
will not even attempt to fix it for customers.

Oh yea, one more item of note. I test drove a new Mercedes E400. I told the salesman I wanted to take it for a ride in the
area's where this A5 would break up on FM radio stations...I did just that. The Mercedes, on the same radio stations,
NEVER broke up at all! Proving my point, that Audi A5's have an FM reception problem that Audi will not fix.
Old 11-12-2017, 08:53 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

One other item, the Mercedes received the radio stations in HD, not just standard FM. The A5 could not receive the stations in HD, it
broke up really bad and the dealership had told me to turn off the HD, that it was a bad technology and standard FM would work
just fine in the A5...ha! WRONG!
Old 11-19-2017, 02:17 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

So my 2017 Audi A5 FM radio reception saga is now over. Last Friday AM, Audi-Michigan bought back the defective
2017 A5!!!

Really too bad Audi wouldn't fix the FM reception problem and had to buy back the car for it. They didn't even try
to replace the back window with the antenna in it. Guess they know it's a design defect in the A5's radio reception
system itself.

Good luck to you all. After this, I will never touch another Audi vehicle for the rest of my life!!