Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

A5 3.2 liter V6 -- Engine Remap/HP Increase Mods??

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2009, 09:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by spaniardone
If it helps.. the A5 3.2 engine don't need extra boost! It's got plenty of power even with the tiptronic on sequencial/manual mode. I have clocked my 3.2 at 5.8sec 0-60pm on manual mode and to me that's VERY impressive for a heavy set vehicle and 'only 265hp'. I believe this car has far more HP's than announced by Audi. This vehicle is lighting FAST!! there is always the option of an S5 but to be honest.. I've driven both and there isn't any difference between them as far as performance goes.. just the V8 is louder at high rpm's. I suggest you be happy with what you got. This vehicle is about design and style and exclusiveness with enough power to make most happy campers. There are hundreds of bmw's around but only a few A5's and even BMW owners turn their heads when they see an A5 regardless of their superiority or inferiority performance wise so live it up! Otherwise get a Corvette.

My question to you is.. When will performance be enough for you?
Well Said!!
Old 10-20-2009, 08:58 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Unitronic released one for the 3.2FSI in the A6(C6).. bumps it up an extra 13hp and 15 lbs torque for $500. I would think it would be similar to the 3.2 in the A5. I don't know anyone who has done it yet or if it's worth it.
Old 10-20-2009, 09:46 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by 2008A6
Unitronic released one for the 3.2FSI in the A6(C6).. bumps it up an extra 13hp and 15 lbs torque for $500. I would think it would be similar to the 3.2 in the A5. I don't know anyone who has done it yet or if it's worth it.
that's some marginal gain, you prob won't even feel it. I would not jump on this since that "marginal gain" will put me closer to the risk of spending several thousand fixing some random error codes which will pop up like crazy after warranty.
Old 10-22-2009, 06:47 AM
Banned

I am thinking about purchasing a 2010 A5 2.0T, Brilliant Black, 6-Speed Manual, Prestige Package, Sport Package. And eventually.. adding an APR chip to remap my ECU and bring some extra boost to my engine and eliminate the 130mph speed limit.

My question is: Has anyone driven this vehicle with the manual gearbox and the sport package?? I am wondering how stock fast it is and how well it handles..

I currently own a 2008 A5 3.2 but the tiptronic is boring me out, secuencial mode just doesn't for me, I am a european in the US and have always driven stick-shift vehicles.. I miss the feeling of been in control of my vehicle.

Any feedback from anyone?

thanks guys
Old 10-22-2009, 10:03 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I am thinking about purchasing a 2010 A5 2.0T, Brilliant Black, 6-Speed Manual, Prestige Package, Sport Package. And eventually.. adding an APR chip to remap my ECU and bring some extra boost to my engine and eliminate the 130mph speed limit.

My question is: Has anyone driven this vehicle with the manual gearbox and the sport package?? I am wondering how stock fast it is and how well it handles..

I currently own a 2008 A5 3.2 but the tiptronic is boring me out, secuencial mode just doesn't for me, I am a european in the US and have always driven stick-shift vehicles.. I miss the feeling of been in control of my vehicle.

thanks guys

just out of curiosity, how much are you selling yours for? with S-line? I'm dealing with another guy who is trying to sell his 08 A5 Sline full option for 39k with less than 15k miles.
Old 10-26-2009, 05:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

If it helps.. the A5 3.2 engine don't need extra boost! It's got plenty of power even with the tiptronic on sequencial/manual mode. I have clocked my 3.2 at 5.8sec 0-60pm on manual mode and to me that's VERY impressive for a heavy set vehicle and 'only 265hp'. I believe this car has far more HP's than announced by Audi. This vehicle is lighting FAST!! there is always the option of an S5 but to be honest.. I've driven both and there isn't any difference between them as far as performance goes.. just the V8 is louder at high rpm's. I suggest you be happy with what you got. This vehicle is about design and style and exclusiveness with enough power to make most happy campers. There are hundreds of bmw's around but only a few A5's and even BMW owners turn their heads when they see an A5 regardless of their superiority or inferiority performance wise so live it up! Otherwise get a Corvette.

My question to you is.. When will performance be enough for you?
I totally agree.... I couldn't pay an extra $10k for a V8 and bigger brakes. My A5 is identical as the S5. Horsepower? Yes... you get less hp... but how fast can you go... I can only go 95mph in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, then I slow down... it's too dangerous. You can hurt other people. I don't really take road trips... but even in the open roads.. it's too dangerous. No need... In my opinion, enjoy the car.... if you feel that you need more horsepower get the S5.

BTW, I talked to the Stasis Engineering and several indie shops... they can remap my ECU... charge me $500-$900... and only get me 20-30 hp. IMO, Not really worth it...
Old 10-29-2009, 07:56 AM
Banned

I wonder if one day someone will show up here and say something like.. I am enjoying my A5/S5 the way it is! this vehicle is great as it is.. why remaps.. or chipping or suspension upgrades or quad pipes.. people must be rich around here.. 'cos this vehicle ain't cheap at invoice price. Anyhow..

Anybody knows if the S4 interior space matches de A5 interior volume? dashboard looks similar but is it as big as A5's?
Old 10-29-2009, 12:43 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

[QUOTE=spaniardone;23875148]I wonder if one day someone will show up here and say something like.. I am enjoying my A5/S5 the way it is! this vehicle is great as it is.. why remaps.. or chipping or suspension upgrades or quad pipes.. people must be rich around here.. 'cos this vehicle ain't cheap at invoice price. Anyhow..QUOTE]

Well, most will not agree that they bought the 2.0T because of it makes better sense financially to them (initial cost, gas cost...). They rather pull all the crap of how potential the Turbo can be and then .... in the end, most of them won't even spend that $700 to reprogram the ECU. lol... anyways, i'm wearing my anti-flame suit and ready to get flamed from people who say.... blah blah, i can buy the 3.2 right away but 2.0T is still ... lmao.

Anyhow, it's a great car and the interior is top notch.
Old 10-29-2009, 07:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

thanks guys
Quick question... Where do you live that you can go 130+mph on a daily basis????
Old 11-05-2009, 03:58 PM
Audiworld Senior Member

Originally Posted by AceOne31
Quick question... Where do you live that you can go 130+mph on a daily basis????
He didn't say daily basis. Remember.. different strokes for different folks. There's nothing wrong with enjoying your car the way it came, and likewise nothing wrong with someone wanting a little extra with enhancements. Just another opinion.

Quick Reply: A5 3.2 liter V6 -- Engine Remap/HP Increase Mods??