Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

A5 Sportback S-Tronic questions.

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2021, 07:24 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A5 Sportback S-Tronic questions.

Hello guys i have few questions about the S-Tronic or DL501 gearbox fitted in my 2011 A5 3.0TDI car.
Since i bought the car almost a year ago i felt that the gear changes between 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd are not as fast and as sharp as the other gear changes mostly when the car and the transmission are cold. After i read a few topics i decided to make and adaptation since i own an VCDS cable. I was not able to do the full adaptation process because of an "Aborted due to safety reasons" or "Error Request out of range" errors, but from what i have read that are really common messages and most of the users get them on some of the steps. I was able to do "Distance sensor calibration" , "Reset start point adaptation to the factory setting" and "Clutch engagement point adaptation". When i made the adaptation the shifting between 1st and 2nd became as good as the others, its fast and sharp, the shifting from 2nd to 3rd is better but its not like the others and remains a little bit slower and its not what i expect. Also when im in traffic and standing still in "D" when i release the break and start going forward the car engages a little bit hard and the rpm drop a little until it engages, its like a little hit from the back and the car starts going, if im releasing the brake slow and not press the gas immediately it will not do it, and its the same in reverse. Other than that the gear changes are perfect and sharp in all driving mods. Its not a big deal when you are used to it but its not what im expecting from an Audi car. Should i look for an mechanical problem or its more of an software or adaptation issue? Thank you in advance!