Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

About to order an S5 - dealer asked to me sign an non-exempt form

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2008, 07:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Re: Actually guys it's been in place for some time. Some dealers enforce it others don't

but once you have the car
what can they do if you export it?
if there is any financial liability
then surely that means you do not own the car 100%.
even if you paid the full purchase price?
that can't be legal
Old 05-30-2008, 09:47 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I can understand if Audi is trying to limit exports, but excuse me what does this have to do with

9/11 and money laundry?
Old 05-31-2008, 07:40 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Previous cars were purchased durring a strong dollar

exports are on the rise in a huge way for the past two/three years. Almost doubling every year. The manufacturer sets aside a specific dollar amount for warranty repairs. Usually its thousands of dollars. If the car leaves that country and goes to another, they do not have enough warranty dollars set aside. Like having enough food for three people and the door bell rings and their are four more at the door. As a customer you have the right not to sign the form, but the flip side is that the dealer has the right not to sell you a car....If someone will not sign our privacy form or arbitration agreement, we will not sell them a car...Its our choice...
Old 05-31-2008, 10:51 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default I thought warranty is void once you export a car? If you import a car to Germany from the States

and you drive it around in Germany and it breaks down, you don't have any warranty in Germany. I thought audi was very clear on that.
Old 05-31-2008, 10:57 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Depends on the brand, but since the franchise agreement for North America

Includes Canada...the same applies. The warranty is honored in Canada.
Old 05-31-2008, 11:00 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Default It is your car to do with as you wish, but if the dealer has an agreement with headquarters

to not knowingly make cars available for export, then they must do something to protect themselves.

So if you export the car after signing such an agreement, they may have recourse to pursue you for compensation for allocation lost by your actions. It's the price we pay for getting the cars at one of, if not the lowest price in the world.

In the end it protects the buyers in the US. After all, if the dealer could sell the cars for more overseas, there would be no reason for them to sell hot ticket cars to anybody in the US.
Old 05-31-2008, 02:04 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default ding ding ding...Why would I sell an S5 to someone here for Sticker

When I can sell them to exportes for $7500 over all day long...
Old 05-31-2008, 03:18 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I have bought 2 Audis; ordered an S5; and bought 2 MB's

I have never been asked to sign such a form. But if I was, and now that I understand the purpose, I would not hesitate. As long as my information is protected.
Old 05-31-2008, 07:10 PM

Default Makes sense now that I have read all of this. I was never presented with such a form for the S5...

...nor in the past when I have purchased my BMWs. I guess I just have not dealt with a dealer who requested/required that.
Old 06-01-2008, 04:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Re: It is your car to do with as you wish, but if the dealer has an agreement with headquarters

how would they know you exported it?
do they monitor VIN numbers at airports?

Quick Reply: About to order an S5 - dealer asked to me sign an non-exempt form