Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Audi...call centers?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2010, 01:14 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi...call centers?

Okay, I've been trying to call my dealership...person answers phone, I ask if salesman X is around, person responds "let me see if I can get him for you..." I get voicemail.

I call same number back, get a different person to answer, I explain that no one has been returning my calls/e-mails over the past week, and the person responds "I'm sorry, I'm not physically located in XXXXX, so I have no idea whether or not salesman X has actually been at work..."

Now, I realize that computer companies, customer service centers, cell phone companies, etc. have out-sourced some stuff, but REALLY? THIS? This is preventing me from getting any updates on my car! And it's supposedly in port! :wall:

PLEASE tell me that you guys have had a lot more success when you call the "local" number for your dealership...I would think that this $60k investment would make them pay attention, but nooooooooooo...

Also, if any of you work for Audi, please send me a link to some type of customer satisfaction survey. How can a car company that is so bad-*** have sales agents that are so...not? That's one reason many good products get bad reps.

*side note: dealer is in Columbia, SC*
Old 12-14-2010, 01:35 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tdub26
Okay, I've been trying to call my dealership...person answers phone, I ask if salesman X is around, person responds "let me see if I can get him for you..." I get voicemail.

I call same number back, get a different person to answer, I explain that no one has been returning my calls/e-mails over the past week, and the person responds "I'm sorry, I'm not physically located in XXXXX, so I have no idea whether or not salesman X has actually been at work..."

Now, I realize that computer companies, customer service centers, cell phone companies, etc. have out-sourced some stuff, but REALLY? THIS? This is preventing me from getting any updates on my car! And it's supposedly in port! :wall:

PLEASE tell me that you guys have had a lot more success when you call the "local" number for your dealership...I would think that this $60k investment would make them pay attention, but nooooooooooo...
Every time I call my dealer's number, I get the local dealer. I don't get a call center
Old 12-14-2010, 02:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The number for the local dealer goes directly to the dealer, who then transfers you to the appropriate department. Heck, I even have a direct number and e-mail for the service coordinator and he is quite prompt in replying back.

I'm not sure how the new local Audi dealer handles calls.

I guess it depends on the region and how the dealers there want to handle it.