Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

bang and olefson sound

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2012, 05:10 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The B&O in my S4 is the best car audio I have owned. Head and shoulders above the Bose in the RS4.

But, if you mostly listen to radio or sat audio, it probably won't matter. If you listen to digital tracks (ipod or MMI) then the B&O is awesome.

Sucks about the mistake. Good luck.
Old 07-20-2012, 08:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Force-1
+1

Yea...another "expert" heard from.
Old 07-20-2012, 10:31 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by a5sport
+1

Yea...another "expert" heard from.

Actually, I am an expert in audio. I'm really not sure why my personal opinion of the B&O system has so many rattled. I'm truly happy for those that love the sound, your life is much easier than those that feel differently.
Old 07-20-2012, 11:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by JMSIV
The B&O in my S4 is the best car audio I have owned. Head and shoulders above the Bose in the RS4.

But, if you mostly listen to radio or sat audio, it probably won't matter. If you listen to digital tracks (ipod or MMI) then the B&O is awesome.

Sucks about the mistake. Good luck.
Yeah, too bad you can't play any serious audio from a DVD-A or SACD. Those don't work with the B&O system. But in all fairness, those are being phased out due to the lack of interest in real high quality audio. People are happy with a crap mp3.

Last edited by S4iner; 07-20-2012 at 11:32 AM.
Old 07-20-2012, 11:59 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by S4iner
Yeah, too bad you can't play any serious audio from a DVD-A or SACD. Those don't work with the B&O system. But in all fairness, those are being phased out due to the lack of interest in real high quality audio. People are happy with a crap mp3.

Vinyl would be even better. 1963 Buick Riviera had a flip down turntable in the dash. Now thats how its done, true high resolution. MP3 and Sat radio are just awful, its a sdhame most don't know any better.
Old 07-20-2012, 12:11 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by 349A
Vinyl would be even better. 1963 Buick Riviera had a flip down turntable in the dash. Now thats how its done, true high resolution. MP3 and Sat radio are just awful, its a sdhame most don't know any better.
No way would I leave my vinyl in a hot car out in the sun. That stays inside, static-free, near my 70s turntable.

Cars are meant to be a balance of convenience with performance. Having 10,000 songs ready to go in decent resolution on a great-sounding 14-speaker sound system works just fine for me.
Old 07-20-2012, 01:47 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default I like it

I like it a lot. When I started to tweak the settings, base & treble, I liked it even more!
Old 07-20-2012, 02:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 349A
Actually, I am an expert in audio. I'm really not sure why my personal opinion of the B&O system has so many rattled. I'm truly happy for those that love the sound, your life is much easier than those that feel differently.
Most people are not critical listeners, or maybe luckily, are not driven to distraction by booming bass and hot highs that are fatiguing on a long drive.

I too love excellent sound, and I have it in my home system. Like you I spent years and lots of cash finding that elusive sound. It is not easy.
Old 07-20-2012, 03:03 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by KarlFEvans
Most people are not critical listeners, or maybe luckily, are not driven to distraction by booming bass and hot highs that are fatiguing on a long drive.

I too love excellent sound, and I have it in my home system. Like you I spent years and lots of cash finding that elusive sound. It is not easy.
Very true. Most are very happy with sound that is intolerable to me.

Lets just leave it at its all subjective. Like fine wine, its an acquired taste which takes training. Without training one can not hope to be able to recognize great sound. Like anything in life, it takes practice.
Old 07-20-2012, 03:56 PM
Ultimate Keyboard Warrior

Received 283 Likes on 203 Posts

Originally Posted by S4iner
My Cadillac STS played DVD-A, so I bought 6 of them to load up the changer (Blue Man Group, Yes, Todd Rundgren, Porcupine Tree). They sounded great, but I found myself listening to XM more often for the variety.

Quick Reply: bang and olefson sound