Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

debating what to do with my wheels...help

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2008, 04:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Riiight, very intelligent and well thought out response....

Unfortunalty the orignial poster did not ask what anyone's OPINON was nor does anyone care who likes what and why, it's childish.

But in the interest of being in a "forum" let's go one step further and define it as an AUDIWORLD FORUM...KEYWORD: AUDIWORLD let's go to the section where they've defined it for you:

Although AudiWorld does not and cannot review each and every message that is posted and is not responsible for the content of any of these messages, we reserve the right to delete any message for any reason whatsoever.

Messages are typically deleted as a result of the following:
Bombing forums or individual threads with repetitive, pointless posts

Everything you've contributed thus far been pointless...please don't let me hold you back from posting pointlessly in a "forum" just don't do it HERE in an AUDIWORLD FORUM.<ul><li><a href="https://www.audiworld.com/forum/tips.shtml">https://www.audiworld.com/forum/tips.shtml</a</li></ul>
Old 01-31-2008, 06:00 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default LOL...you just don't get it, man. EVERY post here is open to opinion. That's what a forum is. (m)

Furthermore, if you want to get technical about what the original poster did and did not ask for, he DID NOT ask for pictures of wheels painted body color, nor did he ask for pictures of A4 wheels of any description. What he DID ask for was "help" on the question of "how the gunmetal wheels will look on my black car" which is obviously a question about OPINIONS (your caps).

In conclusion, get the chip off your shoulder about the rest of us not liking your wheels and go on with your life. After all, if you like them that's all that matters, just don't get defensive and whiny when others tell you they don't.
Old 01-31-2008, 06:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default problem or solution....what are you?

Please understand that this is not about people liking my wheels or not. There's no point...it's subjective.

You've been the only one that has had a response (again no substance) let's go back and see if ANY of your responses had anything to do with what was asked again? "HELP" Oh nothing. Again you're perpetuating another pointless post to this site.... He asked for "help" with powder coated gunmetal grey which is VERY close to dolphin grey (wanna argue if gunmetal grey is close to dolphin grey now? or argue if my original post had ANY relative or merited information?) GREAT it's rare that I have this much time to debate meaningless issues with a poster so I doubt I'll have another night....so you're right gunmetal grey is not close to dolphin grey.

BTW...it's an S4 with S4 wheels.
Old 01-31-2008, 08:08 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate.

Face the facts my friend, this isn't about whether Dolphin Gray is, or is not, a gunmetal finish, no matter how much you wish it was. What this *is* about, though you try to deny it, is whether people like your wheels or not. Why else would you delete your original post, and with it all the negative replies? Not for the sake of forum purity, I'm sure of that.

Lastly, and I really do mean lastly, please...whatever you do...please don't condescend to me about contributing to this website. I had more posts than you do now 12,000 posts ago. I've submitted tech articles to the site and have helped dozens of AW'ers via the VAG-COM list &amp; the NAVPLUS forum. So again, please just get over the fact that some people don't like your wheels. Such is the nature of opinions; sooner or later you find someone that doesn't share yours.

&lt;untracked&gt;
Old 01-31-2008, 08:53 PM

Default so yours is the only opinion that matters?

forums for the most part are nowadays a way for people to get a feeler for what works/doesn't work.

while I appreciate your original notion/idea with the wheels, you gotta realize that it's not everyones cup of tea, and for feedback like that (even in regards to a <i>somewhat</i> related idea of the OP) to get to the forum open is <i>exactly</i> what makes places like this useful and not simply a pat on the back fest.

its the nature of the beast, friend. I suggest you grow a little thicker skin else your days around AW won't be long (or enjoyable, for that matter).

p's.
Old 02-01-2008, 06:49 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I stand by my +2.