Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Decided to stick with it

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 06:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Decided to stick with it

In the last couple weeks I was considering several other options considering a car delivered to me in the fall is worthless since it would go right into winter storage.

However I've decided to wait it out. Couple things went into the decision,

-Talked to the dealer today, they did receive their first allocation this month and expect that car to be delivered mid-may. They are guaranteed at least 3 cars for the sales year (feb-feb), which I am a part of. When I ordered I was told I was third on the list, but i was under the impression today that my car would be the next to get allocated. Either way, I'm hoping it doesn't take another 4 months to receive another allocation, but I'm betting on the fact that allocations to the states pick up. I'd be plenty happy if I were able to drive it in July. The other variable is the 2009 price increase thing, but at this point I'll probably just deal with it unless it's rediculous.

-Went to the local BMW dealer, they had no 6-speed 335s of any flavor on the lot and made it clear they had no intent of getting one unless it was ordered. They did have an interlagos blue m3 coupe stickered at 67k (msrp) and while I liked the color, I don't really want to spend 70k on a car right now, I suppose a stripped m3 could be an answer but who knows how long that would take to get, and given the choice, I'd still rather have the Audi. So my little BMW diversion was kicked to the curb.

-Lastly, I pulled my GTI out of winter storage this week, I haven't seen it since late October. I had forgotten how much I enjoy this car and how happy it makes me. I figure I will continue to "non-aggressively" list if for sale throughout the summer and it will be able to fulfill the part of my car needs that go unattended in the winter when it and my rabbit are off the road. When I think that I've put less then 5k miles on it since I supercharged it 2 summers ago, I realize I'm not even close to disinterested in it yet.