Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Driver seat is digging into my right leg NEED HELP

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2018, 02:18 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driver seat is digging into my right leg NEED HELP

Hi all,

I need some advice on this issue and was hoping someone here has experienced the same problem.

I am about 198cm tall and I am finding the drivers seat of the Audi A5 b8 model is digging into my right leg. I didn’t notice it for about a week and then when i noticed it its all i can stop noticing!!

Has anyone experienced this problem and knows anything on how to fix? I am currently driving the car with a cushion between the drivers door and driver seat so it doesn’t hurt my leg anymore!
Old 01-20-2018, 03:51 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,065 Likes on 740 Posts

I find that generally to be the case with more sporty/bucket seats with much more pronounced side bolsters. Not much that can be done there, other than losing some weight. I don't find the standard A5 seats very comfortable as they don't have the seat cushion extension. Not sure what kind of seats you have, but what makes a huge difference for me is said seat cushion extension. I'm around 180cm. Audi has also started to add adjustable side bolster to their sport seats on S and R(S) models at least, but that's not gonna help you. You can try to adjust your seat, in particular lowering the seat in the front. The angle of the seat cushion can make a difference.