Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

European delivery discount

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 11:17 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default European delivery discount

I am trying to order an S5 through the European delivery program. The salesperson indicated that the A5/S5 doesn't qualify for the discount. The Euro delivery web page at http://www.audiusa.com/audi/us/en2/experience/european_delivery/program_benefits.html doesn't list the A5/S5. I'm not sure if this is old European Delivery documentation or if the vehicle really doesn't qualify. I'm thinking it is old because we know that the S5 is available for Euro delivery and it's not listed. Can anyone that has done Euro delivery confirm if the discount is available?

Thanks,
Alex
Old 02-06-2008, 11:38 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Paging QUATTRINGS to the courtesy phone.......

Quattrings did ED a few months back. I do not know about the discount but I would imagine it is probably a 5% disc. I know our when we did our Q7 it was 5%, all A3's are 3% off.
Old 02-06-2008, 11:59 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Why is there a discount? News to me!
Old 02-06-2008, 12:06 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Re: Why is there a discount? News to me!

There's a discount for several reasons but in the end the buyer can see it as an offset to the expense of going to Europe to pick it up. There are many pros and cons so most people agree that you should do this only if you want to do a European vacation. I think most people gererally spend much more than the discount saves them.
Old 02-06-2008, 12:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default and then what?

Has anyone then somehow got their car to the US? That's got to cost an ugly penny. Any ideas on just how much
Old 02-06-2008, 12:28 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Re: and then what?

The shipping back is included in the cost but its a little more risk (unwrapped car, etc.) compared to Audi's standard shipping.

Audi has a whole page dedicated to the Euro delivery program. You should just read about it yourself.<ul><li><a href="http://www.audiusa.com/audi/us/en2/experience/european_delivery.html">http://www.audiusa.com/audi/us/en2/experience/european_delivery.html</a</li></ul>
Old 02-06-2008, 12:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: and then what?

Thanks! I will do so!
Old 02-06-2008, 12:43 PM

Default Re: European delivery discount

The person I spoke with at Audi USA corporate said it does qualify for the 5% discount.
Old 02-06-2008, 02:57 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Re: European delivery discount

It could be that the program rules have changed and ED might not be available, though it once was. At launch, the S5 was part of the supplier program where corporate customer discounts applied (my employer qualified for a 6% discount). Then, it was pulled off the supplier program list in December or so. Only the S5 and R8 are currently excluded.
Old 02-06-2008, 03:57 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default The discout is driven by the cost savings to the manufacturer of an individual taking delivery...

... and being the party that ships and imports the car, rather than the manufacturer. I believe (but I'm not sure) that the individual is not subject to the same taxes/duties/tarriffs that the manufacturer is subject to, allowing the manufacturer to charge less. I'm sure that the 5% discount is really an overall savings of 8% to the manufacturer.

Quick Reply: European delivery discount