Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

THE GODS SMILED ON ME TODAY...

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2008, 04:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default THE GODS SMILED ON ME TODAY...

I placed my S5 order in November, and therefore don't need to tell you how frustrated I am with the whole order process. So after waiting 7 months I decided to finally call another dealer here in the Dallas area; why today of all days I don't know! To my surprise the rep advised they had an available S5 which had just been allocated within the last day. Needless to say I couldn't get out of the office fast enough. Once there they once again confirmed the cars availability, which I quickly responded to by saying "I'll take it"!!! They updated the car's options with my previous orders selections, and BINGO I now have a car with a projected delivery date in August. The dealer even went so far as to say he would place a call to his rep to see if he could put a "rush" in to have the vehicle slated for a June production...keeping my fingers crossed if this is even possible. Needless to say I am a happy man. Just got home from requesting my deposit back from my previous dealer, which is a story in its self. After stating I wanted to cancel my order, the rep's response was "What if I could get you in a S5 today?" I responded how? He then goes onto to say they have a Black Black tip slated for delivery tomorrow. I passed because I didn't really want a black car, nor a tip. So, if you are interested in what I think is a loaded Black Black S5 tip contact Boardwalk Audi. On a side note, my hour at DFW Audi was a very pleasurable experience. I got the impression that they wanted to sell a car, regardless if they have to try or not. With Boardwalk I got an attitude of "Do you want it or not, because someone else does", which is true, but you still don't need to make the customer feel completely replaceable.
Old 05-20-2008, 07:27 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Congrats!! You're now one less person on the list preventing me from getting mine!
Old 05-20-2008, 07:30 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Good deal, I didn't want to go to another dealer myself, but it seems this is the only way to get a

car? Guess, the hunt begins.
Old 05-20-2008, 08:12 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Thats what i had to do...2000 miles away but worth the 6 months saved.
Old 05-20-2008, 09:48 PM

Default Mind if I ask what you ended up paying....

and if you negotiated anything thrown in?
Old 05-21-2008, 08:13 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Re: THE GODS SMILED ON ME TODAY...

BL7490 who was your the Sales person? That makes all the difference. I have been doing business with Boardwalk since before they were there in Plano. I have bought 6 Audis from Central/Boardwalk Audi. Every time it was a great experience. I have my S5 on order from Boardwalk since September 07. We are all waiting on cars. Something you all should know is that:
1. They had to ramp up production of the S5 engine as they ran out
2. There was problem with the SkyRoof and the mfg of the glass for the roof.
3. The most important: The declining dollar to euro.

Now, I live in Washington, DC and still do business with Boardwalk. WHY? Customer Service and price. Some of you may or may not know this, staying with one dealer and your loyalty reaps benefits. Like paying much less for cars that that they can get MSRP plus on every time.

Oh BTW, If you an Audi Club member you get an additional $500.00 off that can be added to any other offer. Check out:
www.audiclubna.org