Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Hey Guys New Audi Owner!

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2010, 07:27 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey Guys New Audi Owner!

Whats up everyone. Just took the dip on an Phantom Black/Black A5 2.0T Premium Plus Package! Unfortunately delivery is going to take 12 weeks, so I thought I would get a jump on the community! Hoping to fall in love with this car like I used to my old e36! Currently driving an ML320 and can't wait to get out of this soccer mom car. Cheers guys!
Old 10-24-2010, 07:43 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I didn't think phantom black was available on the A5.... Unless you did the Audi exclusive package, then I would be wrong.

Either way, congrats on the purchase. I'm loving mine so far(2 months, 3k miles).
Old 10-24-2010, 08:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by iCeDmAn
Whats up everyone. Just took the dip on an Phantom Black/Black A5 2.0T Premium Plus Package! Unfortunately delivery is going to take 12 weeks, so I thought I would get a jump on the community! Hoping to fall in love with this car like I used to my old e36! Currently driving an ML320 and can't wait to get out of this soccer mom car. Cheers guys!
Congrats! Did you get the S-line package? If you haven't, I highly recommend you change your order while you still can...it's an absolute must have for this car!
Old 10-25-2010, 10:35 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by MonzaA5
Congrats! Did you get the S-line package? If you haven't, I highly recommend you change your order while you still can...it's an absolute must have for this car!
For an extra $2500 it doesn't seem like a must...it will raise my lease payments by $70/mo, I agree that the car looks better with it, but not drastically enough to justify to stretch my means at the moment. I have however contacted the dealer to see how it will affect my payments for the hell of it.
Old 10-25-2010, 11:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by iCeDmAn
For an extra $2500 it doesn't seem like a must...it will raise my lease payments by $70/mo, I agree that the car looks better with it, but not drastically enough to justify to stretch my means at the moment. I have however contacted the dealer to see how it will affect my payments for the hell of it.
It's not just about the looks (although the S5 bodykit and 19" y-spokes certainly look great...) The sport suspension totally changes the character of the car. With regular suspension, the A5 feels more like a mercedes or lexus. With the sport suspension, it feels like a BMW - firm yet compliant (which is definitely a good thing in my book). And the alcantara sport seats are without question the best car seats I've ever sat in and are almost worth their weight in gold...Personally, I would much rather downgrade from premium plus to premium than forego the S-line.
Old 10-25-2010, 12:05 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 153 Likes on 117 Posts

It's an exaggeration to say that the A5 feels like a Lexus or Mercedes. The A5 with standard suspension feels like a touring coupe, not a luxury car. You feel the road much more than those other cars. The seats are nowhere near as supportive or of the same quality. I'm 6'4" and 220lbs and wish the seats were 1.5" wider. My left thigh sits on the side bolster pad instead of totally on the seat. It is not a car that I would want to drive 225 miles in one shot
Old 10-25-2010, 12:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Omeletpants
It's an exaggeration to say that the A5 feels like a Lexus or Mercedes. The A5 with standard suspension feels like a touring coupe, not a luxury car. You feel the road much more than those other cars. The seats are nowhere near as supportive or of the same quality. I'm 6'4" and 220lbs and wish the seats were 1.5" wider. My left thigh sits on the side bolster pad instead of totally on the seat. It is not a car that I would want to drive 225 miles in one shot
Touring coupe = luxury car with two doors. And that's exactly how the A5 feels with regular suspension. With the sport suspension and 19" rubber, it feels much closer to a real sports car...much flatter in the corners and greatly improved road feel.

As for seats, I'm not sure if you were talking about regular or S-line seats...I'm 6'2 and 185 lbs and the S-line seats feel great.
Old 10-25-2010, 01:29 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

It's not just about the looks (although the S5 bodykit and 19" y-spokes certainly look great...) The sport suspension totally changes the character of the car. With regular suspension, the A5 feels more like a mercedes or lexus. With the sport suspension, it feels like a BMW - firm yet compliant (which is definitely a good thing in my book). And the alcantara sport seats are without question the best car seats I've ever sat in and are almost worth their weight in gold...Personally, I would much rather downgrade from premium plus to premium than forego the S-line.
REMEMBER that the premium doesn't have the LEDs which is one of the highlights of this car! BAD IDEA
Old 10-25-2010, 01:47 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 153 Likes on 117 Posts

Touring coupe = luxury car with two doors. And that's exactly how the A5 feels with regular suspension. With the sport suspension and 19" rubber, it feels much closer to a real sports car...much flatter in the corners and greatly improved road feel.

As for seats, I'm not sure if you were talking about regular or S-line seats...I'm 6'2 and 185 lbs and the S-line seats feel great.
Not trying to turn this into an argument but everyone's "feel" is different. Like you probably have, I have owned every kind of car: Triumphs, BMW, Caddy, Lexus, Jaguar, etc.

I find the stock A5 to be less comfortable than most of those models. The seats are OK, but not substantial, luxurious or even properly sized. They are just OK. I demo'd the S Line and thought it was too much. But everyone's opinion differs and it's something people have to demo and not order blindly
Old 10-25-2010, 04:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by JGA5Cab
REMEMBER that the premium doesn't have the LEDs which is one of the highlights of this car! BAD IDEA
American premium must be different from Canadian premium then. Over here, you can't even get an A5 without LEDs.

Omelet: we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Quick Reply: Hey Guys New Audi Owner!