Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

How many S5s sold in US?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 06:10 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How many S5s sold in US?

Does anyone know how many S5 coupes and cabs are sold annually in the US? I thought the guy at the dealership told me today that they only sell about 5 cabs per year and that's a big dealership. Did I hear him correctly? I also have no idea how many dealers there are in the US. Just curious.

Thanks!
Old 10-14-2010, 03:27 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Future Audi owner?
Does anyone know how many S5 coupes and cabs are sold annually in the US? I thought the guy at the dealership told me today that they only sell about 5 cabs per year and that's a big dealership. Did I hear him correctly? I also have no idea how many dealers there are in the US. Just curious.

Thanks!
I'm not sure, but the number can't be that big...the guy at the dealership was babbling about BMW selling more of their 3-series line than Audi sells of all of their lines combined...

...that's why my S5 is on order
Old 10-14-2010, 03:33 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Audi sales numbers Jan-Jun 2010

I'll do you one better...note that the figure (1,408 A5s) includes sales of both the A5 and S5, coupes + cabs.

http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2...01/485392.html
Old 10-14-2010, 05:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by tdub26
I'm not sure, but the number can't be that big...the guy at the dealership was babbling about BMW selling more of their 3-series line than Audi sells of all of their lines combined...

...that's why my S5 is on order
So your main reason for buying an S5 is the fact that Audi sells fewer cars than BMW? In that case, I would suggest changing your order to a Suzuki...they sell fewer cars still.
Old 10-15-2010, 05:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't mean to hijack this thread, but I recall when I bought my first BMW 3 series in 1979 (it was the E21 320i) the dealer told me that there were fewer BMWs sold in the US than Chevy Corvettes. That was long before bimmers became the yuppie car of choice. In those days they were rare enough that it was common practice for 3-series owners to flash their headlights at each other on the road, and if you came across a disabled BMW on the side of teh road you were expected to stop and lend a hand. Clearly those days are long gone!
Old 10-15-2010, 07:49 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by MonzaA5
So your main reason for buying an S5 is the fact that Audi sells fewer cars than BMW? In that case, I would suggest changing your order to a Suzuki...they sell fewer cars still.
NO NO NO...I test drove the Infiniti G37, Audi A5, S5, BMW 335i, M3, and a Lexus IS 350C. My choice came down to the 335 and the S5...and I GREATLY prefer the styling and rarity of the Audi over the BMW. I'm not likely to take it to the track...

Damn I can't wait for December to get here!
Old 10-15-2010, 12:56 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks for the info. I placed my order today! Woot! The dealer confirmed they sell about 5 cabs a year.
Old 10-15-2010, 01:11 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Future Audi owner?
Thanks for the info. I placed my order today! Woot! The dealer confirmed they sell about 5 cabs a year.
Congrats! Details of your order?
Old 10-15-2010, 05:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Seems like we drove the same cars before deciding on the S5.
I was looking at a convertible though.

G37 - Incredible amount of cowl shake. Also just nothing exciting
BMW - Those Run-Flats really destroy that car. Interior controls - awful.
Lexus - Just BORING as hell.
Old 10-17-2010, 06:32 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by tdub26
Congrats! Details of your order?
Phantom Black w/ black top, Premium Plus, Black/Tuscan seats, Carbon, Nav, Sports Diff, B&O. We used the Amex pricing service and it was incredibly easy. $1K over invoice.

The sales guy was originally saying mid- to late-January but the manager said to expect February delivery. I am giddy with anticipation. Stopped and talked to some S4 cab owners in a random parking lot today and they love it. Can't wait until people are approaching me about MY car.

Quick Reply: How many S5s sold in US?