Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Interior LED Kit - $80 Shipped (Replace all your Interior bulbs)

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 07:35 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i know this is not my section of the forum but can these bulbs work with the a6?
Old 02-09-2011, 06:16 AM
Former Vendor

I have a set for your car as well, same price.
Old 02-14-2011, 12:10 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by A&AEuroTuning
I have a set for your car as well, same price.
ok thanks
Old 02-18-2011, 07:20 AM
Former Vendor

Old 02-20-2011, 09:16 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

hi guys, i got this package and tried to swap them yesterday. all went fine except!!!

for the life of me... i can't get the plate led socket to come out. i'm not exactly sure how to use the flat head screwdriver in the slot to leverage it out. any suggestions?

also, i can't seem to loosen the screw in the eye glasses compartment. anyone else had the same issue? my hands are tired and bruised
Old 02-20-2011, 03:16 PM
Former Vendor

im happy all went well... about the license plate socket, after you put a flat head in the little hole, you have to push it words the left i beleive... it should budge, when you feel it moving just pull it out. Ill try to make a short video sometime tomorrow and upload it

In the front dome light, you have to open the sun glass compartment and there is a t25 scew, just unscrew it and pull down on the sun compartment and it will come right down.
Old 02-20-2011, 03:39 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by A&AEuroTuning
im happy all went well... about the license plate socket, after you put a flat head in the little hole, you have to push it words the left i beleive... it should budge, when you feel it moving just pull it out. Ill try to make a short video sometime tomorrow and upload it

In the front dome light, you have to open the sun glass compartment and there is a t25 scew, just unscrew it and pull down on the sun compartment and it will come right down.
video would help me greatly!!! thank you. excellent product.
Old 02-21-2011, 06:33 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Tried again just now without much success. I`m suppose to push it towards the left right? So frustrating :-(
Old 02-22-2011, 08:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default installation

Originally Posted by gibumee
Tried again just now without much success. I`m suppose to push it towards the left right? So frustrating :-(
If you're having a problem with the license plate light install, I share your frustration. It's not easy.
First, do not use a flat head screwdriver. You'll scratch the hell out of the outside surface. I used a metal putty knife with the tip wrapped in electrical tape. You need to push the knife in from the RIGHT side of each license plate light. It's very tight and takes a lot of pushing. Careful, there's a rubber gasket under the plastic light housing so don't tear that. There's a pressure clip inside that right side that needs to be pushed away from the car body and then the light housing fill come down, right side first. But be careful to not twist and pry it down because the actual connector and wires are coming out of a small opening in the trunk lid and you could bend the connector where it plugs into the light housing. You can disconnect the connector so that you can work with the light fixture freely, BUT be very careful to NOT let the connector and wires fall back inside the trunk lid. There's very little excess wire to work with and you'll never get that connector back out. I put a large clip (like a potato bag clip) on the connector so it wouldn't go back inside.

Now you can change the bulb. I found that the bulb that came from A&A EuroTuning was slightly smaller than OEM so while it fits, it's loose and will move around in there when you close the trunk or tap on the housing. Since only one side of the new bulb actually "lights", that will periodically give you a very dim look on the license plate. Not happy about that at all so I'm going to have to do this all over again and either squeeze the connectors together more, or somehow tape the bulb in there.
The interior dome install went a little easier. There is a screw inside the sunglass storage area. Take that out and then gently pull down on the whole dome light housing. Be careful as there are two clips also holding it in place on the left and right sides of the housing back by the sunglass area. Then it's just a matter of swapping out the bulbs. Be careful on the polarity of the new bulbs as they may not work the first time you put them in and you'll have to reverse them.
I did find that some of the bulb installs (the trunk light, the puddle lights) were more difficult since the new bulb is slightly bigger than the OEM and many of the contacts got bent during install. Be careful there.

When all interior lights are replaced, you'll be happy with the results. I have the light gray interior and the new lighting looks pretty cool. I still have the glove box and trunk to finish and then I'll be done. Longest time was definetely spent on the license plate lights and I'm still not done.

Search for a thread through here about installing the license plate lights. The original poster supplied very helpful pics and advice.

Good luck!!
Old 02-22-2011, 09:13 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by tpt13
If you're having a problem with the license plate light install, I share your frustration. It's not easy.
First, do not use a flat head screwdriver. You'll scratch the hell out of the outside surface. I used a metal putty knife with the tip wrapped in electrical tape. You need to push the knife in from the RIGHT side of each license plate light. It's very tight and takes a lot of pushing. Careful, there's a rubber gasket under the plastic light housing so don't tear that. There's a pressure clip inside that right side that needs to be pushed away from the car body and then the light housing fill come down, right side first. But be careful to not twist and pry it down because the actual connector and wires are coming out of a small opening in the trunk lid and you could bend the connector where it plugs into the light housing. You can disconnect the connector so that you can work with the light fixture freely, BUT be very careful to NOT let the connector and wires fall back inside the trunk lid. There's very little excess wire to work with and you'll never get that connector back out. I put a large clip (like a potato bag clip) on the connector so it wouldn't go back inside.

Now you can change the bulb. I found that the bulb that came from A&A EuroTuning was slightly smaller than OEM so while it fits, it's loose and will move around in there when you close the trunk or tap on the housing. Since only one side of the new bulb actually "lights", that will periodically give you a very dim look on the license plate. Not happy about that at all so I'm going to have to do this all over again and either squeeze the connectors together more, or somehow tape the bulb in there.
The interior dome install went a little easier. There is a screw inside the sunglass storage area. Take that out and then gently pull down on the whole dome light housing. Be careful as there are two clips also holding it in place on the left and right sides of the housing back by the sunglass area. Then it's just a matter of swapping out the bulbs. Be careful on the polarity of the new bulbs as they may not work the first time you put them in and you'll have to reverse them.
I did find that some of the bulb installs (the trunk light, the puddle lights) were more difficult since the new bulb is slightly bigger than the OEM and many of the contacts got bent during install. Be careful there.

When all interior lights are replaced, you'll be happy with the results. I have the light gray interior and the new lighting looks pretty cool. I still have the glove box and trunk to finish and then I'll be done. Longest time was definetely spent on the license plate lights and I'm still not done.

Search for a thread through here about installing the license plate lights. The original poster supplied very helpful pics and advice.

Good luck!!
Appreciate your input but for some reason your the only customer i have had who finds the lights to be a bit smaller. They are a perfect replacement size and so far i have not had a similar complaint.

Based on what you told me though, it seems your bulbs may have been replaced with a bigger size, possibly from factory. Because like i said, you are the one and only who had this issue come up.

Quick Reply: Interior LED Kit - $80 Shipped (Replace all your Interior bulbs)