Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

My S5 at a Chevy Dealership

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 10:46 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My S5 at a Chevy Dealership

I went with a friend who is looking at the new Camaros to our local Chevy Dealership. As soon as I pulled up EVERY salesman's eye (as well as a few people shopping for cars) were on my car. I parked it next to the Camaros and a salesman came over to help us out. The first thing he does is compliment my car. We then go over and look at the S5(all the while my friend is over looking at the Camaros with no help, LOL). He asks me to open the door so he can see the inside, etc. We talk about it a min, then go back to my friend and talk Camaros a bit. He asks us to wait, goes inside and get the keys to the Camaro my friend was interested in, hands them to him to let him check the car out, then proceeds to go back to the S5 to check it out more. By this time there are a few other salesman checking it out as well. They are asking me to show them the LEDs, the interior, asking ?'s. I have NEVER had an experience like this before - it was awesome.. as well as quite funny since my friend is essentially just checking out the car on his own since the sales guy was more concerned about the S5 than making a sale - LOL.

We did end up test driving the Camaro, but my friend didnt buy (He may order one tho). I can honestly say in the 3 weeks I have had the S5 I have gotten more attention in it than I did in 3 years when I had my MY2000 Magnetic Red Corvette.

I just figured everyone would enjoy my experience LOVE this car!
Old 09-04-2009, 11:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Haha that's AWESOME! I'm getting a lot of attention with this car as well. People on the road stop to stare at my car and I've gotten 15+ compliments on the car already and I've had it for less than a week!
Old 09-05-2009, 06:53 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 82 Likes on 62 Posts

I had the same experience at the Infiniti dealership. At least 4 salesmen came outside, gathered around my A5 and wanted to see inside. Just yesterday I parked at Whole Foods and a guy in a Honda Accord who parked next to me said "nice car". Get used to it!
Old 09-05-2009, 07:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

I passed by a guy in a parking lot driving an R8 and he gave me the nod of approval. I returned the favor and gave him the thumbs up.
Old 09-06-2009, 05:19 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Look at the new Camaro and S5 in profile...tell me those two cars don't have the same mommy and different daddy's.
Old 09-06-2009, 05:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by sandjstickney
Look at the new Camaro and S5 in profile...tell me those two cars don't have the same mommy and different daddy's.
Yup, one of the reasons the S5 looks different on the road ( and not something pics ever show ) from other Audis is the S5's American " pony car " - styled low wide stance as well as having their iconic sloping wide C-pillar and low flat roofline with short side window height.

Most other Audis have their typical tall side glass and thinner C-pillars
Old 09-06-2009, 07:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

That's funny bc my detailer said almost the same thing...he said "from the rear side window on back it looks like a Camaro" and I was like "noooo don't say that!"
Old 09-06-2009, 08:03 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 82 Likes on 62 Posts

I was thinking the same thing. I actually went to look at the Camaro yesterday after seeing this thread. It is a striking car. The interior is also pretty cool, but it is filled with such hard plastic it reminds me of model cars I used to build as a kid. When you sit inside it becomes evident where Chevy cut corners to offer the car at such a reasonable price. Still not tempted. ;-)
Old 09-06-2009, 10:15 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

The Camaro is a very nice car indeed, but it doesn't have that emphfactor when you sit inside of the car. Then again it is half the price! The A5/S5s are simply perfect inside and out...even with the stupid sunroof ;-)
Old 09-06-2009, 01:25 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

not trying to be an *** or anything but i see a lot of these post in the a5/s5 forum.

i'm not saying i disagree with anyone either.

Quick Reply: My S5 at a Chevy Dealership