Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Newish 2014 A5 MMI down

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2017, 09:05 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newish 2014 A5 MMI down

Greetings, I'm new on here,

OK, a month ago I bought my managing director's A5 multitronic technik 2014 from the lease company at the end of it's 3 year lease
Good deal £11,900 or so I thought...FSH , I know where it's been...all that mallarky

4 weeks in and the MMI has completely died on me...no sat nav, radio, cabin lights ....you get the drift

I went in to Bridgend Audi today for assistance.."Ah yes sir we can fit you in for diagnostics on May 19th FFS!

I thought I had bought a quality car and expected similar from the main dealer....I am gobsmacked at this response.

I have checked the obvious..fuses....Manual re-set etc....nothing

Any Ideas....I'm going to take it to a trusted independent for a diagnostic tomorrow but I already know, if it's serious I will be forced to return to the main dealer...that scares me, I already know how inept they are

Any thoughts or similar expeiences
Old 09-05-2017, 12:29 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by tuniwes
Greetings, I'm new on here,

OK, a month ago I bought my managing director's A5 multitronic technik 2014 from the lease company at the end of it's 3 year lease
Good deal £11,900 or so I thought...FSH , I know where it's been...all that mallarky

4 weeks in and the MMI has completely died on me...no sat nav, radio, cabin lights ....you get the drift

I went in to Bridgend Audi today for assistance.."Ah yes sir we can fit you in for diagnostics on May 19th FFS!

I thought I had bought a quality car and expected similar from the main dealer....I am gobsmacked at this response.

I have checked the obvious..fuses....Manual re-set etc....nothing

Any Ideas....I'm going to take it to a trusted independent for a diagnostic tomorrow but I already know, if it's serious I will be forced to return to the main dealer...that scares me, I already know how inept they are

Any thoughts or similar expeiences
Ok so nearly 5 months on rather than shelling out around £3,500 that Audi quoted for repair I waited for one with exactly the same spec to crash an be declared a writeoff

Result...got the MMI unit for 300 quid and paid a bone fide Audi garage manger 40 quid to fit....can't say I'm happy at this failing at just over 3 years but at least today I can listen to Led Zep with the sub wooff up to maximum

Once again enjoying this splendid car....best I have ever owned and a superb drive once all the toys are restored
Old 09-05-2017, 01:37 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 74 Posts
Default Glad to hear it worked out.

Originally Posted by tuniwes
Ok so nearly 5 months on rather than shelling out around £3,500 that Audi quoted for repair I waited for one with exactly the same spec to crash an be declared a writeoff

Result...got the MMI unit for 300 quid and paid a bone fide Audi garage manger 40 quid to fit....can't say I'm happy at this failing at just over 3 years but at least today I can listen to Led Zep with the sub wooff up to maximum

Once again enjoying this splendid car....best I have ever owned and a superb drive once all the toys are restored
Nevertheless, I would never buy an audi or BMW without a warranty or CPO. LIVE AND LEARN,
Old 10-05-2017, 12:47 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by SloopJohnB@mac.com
Nevertheless, I would never buy an audi or BMW without a warranty or CPO. LIVE AND LEARN,

I bought it with a six month warranty from the lease company, unfortunately didn't notice the explicit exclusion of entertainment systems in the small print.

Even if I had, I doubt this would have detracted me from purchasing it....Just a case of really bad luck I guess...put it behind me..move on and enjoy the car

Now the best I ever owned