Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

No bluetooth audio?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2014, 11:22 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No bluetooth audio?

I searched around. I have an android phone and I can't listen to spotify? I know someone here figured out a solution...
Old 12-06-2014, 11:31 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,065 Likes on 740 Posts

What year is your car? Only 2013+ have Bluetooth Audio from the factory.
Old 12-06-2014, 01:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NeverEnoughBoost
I searched around. I have an android phone and I can't listen to spotify? I know someone here figured out a solution...
I have android S3 Galaxy and have no problems streaming soundcloud via Bluetooth to MMI 14 Factory Bluetooth

On you phone first load up the playlist, then sync to MMI from source in MMI, Select MMI on galaxy to pair if you have not done it already. On your phone start the playlist, You have to turn the volume up on the phone. I just listened to my soundcloud today so I know it def does work
Old 12-08-2014, 04:45 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I have a 2011. Is there a way I can play music from my phone with some type of a connector from the dealer since I can't use bluetooth?
Old 12-08-2014, 12:57 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 74 Posts

I have a 2011. Is there a way I can play music from my phone with some type of a connector from the dealer since I can't use bluetooth?
Is there an audio jack either in the glovebox or in the console box?
There might also be a square jack in the glovebox, about ⅜" by 1". If you have that square jack Audi has a cable that goes to Apple 30pin connector which is on the older iPhones. There is an apple or aftermarket 30pin to lightning connector you can buy.

That square jack is the Audi Music Interface (AMI)…here is a cable MP3 (plugs into your phone audio output jack) to AMI:

MP3 to AMI Interface Cable, Audi Parts Super Store- Audi Accessories and Parts for sale online at a discount.

Last edited by SloopJohnB@mac.com; 12-08-2014 at 12:59 PM.
Old 12-09-2014, 09:08 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I don't have an apple phone. I have the HTC one. I think I'll just get that jack in the link above and deal with no bluetooth audio. Just seems a bit odd that such a newer technologically advanced car wouldn't have that feature.
Old 12-09-2014, 11:02 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Does anyone know anything about this? Audi Music Interface ? Bluetooth Adapter | I Am Audi
Old 12-09-2014, 12:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Does anyone know anything about this? Audi Music Interface ? Bluetooth Adapter | I Am Audi
You could try Audi AMI Cable to USB cable $10 and plug a Bluetooth Dongle into it $15

Amazon.com : VicTsing AMI MMI Music Cable - Connect USB Device (USB flash stick, MP3 player, Hard drive disk ) to AUDI AMI/MMI System : Vehicle Audio Auxiliary Adapters : Electronics Amazon.com : VicTsing AMI MMI Music Cable - Connect USB Device (USB flash stick, MP3 player, Hard drive disk ) to AUDI AMI/MMI System : Vehicle Audio Auxiliary Adapters : Electronics

I havent tried it, but its a relatively inexpensive test. The Ami port should be located in the glove compartment

Name:  ami2.jpg
Views: 28936
Size:  287.2 KB

or

Name:  ami1.jpg
Views: 18817
Size:  160.1 KB

and then try pairing the 2 devices. Its a bit of a long shot.
Old 12-16-2014, 07:44 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I wonder why they don't have a software update for this. I wouldn't even mind paying a couple hundo to just have it updated so I can use bluetooth audio. I would think it's not that difficult. It should have had it to begin with. It's not that old..
Old 12-20-2014, 06:43 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Just buy a iPhone. The 6 is awesome. And I Bluetooth stream with no problem, sounds great.

Quick Reply: No bluetooth audio?