Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Ordering soon...need advice in color choices...interior/exterior

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 10:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ordering soon...need advice in color choices...interior/exterior

I am going to hurry up and get my order in for an S5 and my final decision revolves around the interior and exterior color choices. Any advice/feedback would be appreciated...

The two exterior colors I'm considering are:

Meteor Grey
Quartz Grey

Interior Choices:

Red Magma Nappa Leather
Pearl Silver Nappa Leather

Looking for feedback on how these colors look in person and any advantages or disadvantages to them...thanks!
Old 04-17-2008, 12:02 PM

Default I will help by eliminating one combo, you can't get...

... Quartz Gray Metallic exterior with the Pearl Silver interior upholstery on the 2009 Order Guide. I guess that "helps" in some way.
Old 04-17-2008, 01:36 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Here is a better idea, ckeck

The only exterior color that you should go with: Meteor gray pearl effect

The only interior color that you should go with: Natural brown Nappa leather with genuine high gloss black (or is it black and grey) carbon fiber interior trim (marketed as "carbon atlas" interior trim by Audi).

If you are willing to append an additional $2.5K on an exterior color in Audi exterior color palette that is normally unavailable on the S5, then northern blue pearl effect is the best choice with Mugello blue pearl effect a close second, Daytona gray pearl effect a close third and dolphin gray pearl effect and dolphin gray metallic (the latter has more metal flakes overall with the metal flakes being less subtle overall with both the former and latter being exactly the same with zero differences otherwise) both being a close fourth.

However, any interior color other than Natural brown Nappa leather with any interior trim other than the "carbon atlas" that I described in full detail in the second paragraph of this reply message is marginally worthy or worthless (far and away, the latter more than the former).
Old 04-17-2008, 02:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Thanks for the detailed response...few more questions...

I have been leaning towards Meteor Grey the whole time but I recently noticed some talk about the Quartz Grey looks amazing in person (I don't have one to go look at).

About the Natural Brown leather, where do you see this option? I only see something called "Tuscan Brown" and my concern is that the brown will look too orange.

I was already set on the Carbon Atlas trim too, so we are good there

Also, where can you the additional exterior paint options?
Old 04-17-2008, 02:20 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Actually, the brown, in this case, mustang brown (A5) or Tuscan brown (S5).....

do not even look the least bit orange, let alone any amount more than the least bit orange.

You have absolutely nothing to worry about in this regard, ckeck.
Old 04-17-2008, 04:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Be different:

An extra $2,500 will get you Lava Gray, which is a Q7 color, or Cherry Black which is an A8 color. Both of them have significant color changes in different light.