Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Rear Spoiler

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 05:58 AM
Audiworld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default The only tasteful spoiler is the one integrated into the S5

It's a bit more pronounced than the trunk lip on the A5 and looks very nice. Too bad it's not an option on the A5 (as I'm sure replacing the trunk lid is expensive).
Old 02-10-2009, 09:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks. I'm here all week. Tell your friends.
Old 02-10-2009, 12:34 PM

...and tip your waitresses.
Old 08-26-2009, 07:48 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

It all depends on an individual’s taste, to most people, yes the current design with its beautiful lines and curves certainly make the A5 unnecessary to add anything to it.

However, pretty soon the new RS5 will have the retractable rear wing/spoiler and it simply looks pretty good; that's why I decided to get the rear spoiler from the local dealer over other designs, although it doesn't retract it looks very close to the RS ones. Like one says, sort of like the Bugatti Veyron or the hign end Porsches.
Also, in order for Audi to get to approve the design, I’m pretty sure that they did all their R&D and had a very good reason to do so.

Personally, I had doubts too in terms of adding a spoiler because I didn’t want to be a RS “wannabe” and making my A5 look cheap but for me more than the looks, it's about the function which undoubtedly creates the additional down force during high speed. Furthermore, why do I need this function? Well the answer is pretty simple and I will leave it up to your imaginations.

jcrew

A5 S-Line
Stasis Exhaust
H&R
Old 08-26-2009, 07:49 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

It all depends on an individual’s taste, to most people, yes the current design with its beautiful lines and curves certainly make the A5 unnecessary to add anything to it.

However, pretty soon the new RS5 will have the retractable rear wing/spoiler and it simply looks pretty good; that's why I decided to get the rear spoiler from the local dealer over other designs, although it doesn't retract it looks very close to the RS ones. Like one says, sort of like the Bugatti Veyron or the hign end Porsches.
Also, in order for Audi to get to approve the design, I’m pretty sure that they did all their R&D and had a very good reason to do so.

Personally, I had doubts too in terms of adding a spoiler because I didn’t want to be a RS “wannabe” and making my A5 look cheap but for me more than the looks, it's about the function which undoubtedly creates the additional down force during high speed. Furthermore, why do I need this function? Well the answer is pretty simple and I will leave it up to your imaginations.

jcrew

A5 S-Line
Stasis Exhaust
H&R
Old 08-26-2009, 08:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

if you have one on your car, post a pic.
Old 08-26-2009, 09:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default A5 Spoiler

I saw one today at a local dealer - not only was it hideous but over $900.
Old 08-27-2009, 05:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by mikeinaustin
if you have one on your car, post a pic.
Nothing I would even consider

Available from Audi for $425 but I found it elsewhere for $370. To see it in Blue, see here
http://commerce.audiusa.com/itemdy00...&lcat=All%20A5
Attached Images  
Old 08-27-2009, 05:56 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Spoiler = skip. The car gains no performance from it nor does it improve the look of the car.
Old 08-27-2009, 07:18 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Rarely has a car been created with such near-perfect lines. The A5/S5 is gorgeous as is. Why would anybody want to screw that up?

Quick Reply: Rear Spoiler