Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Slowly saying goodbye

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2019, 01:32 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,065 Likes on 740 Posts
Default Slowly saying goodbye

My time has come to slowly say goodbye from the Audi community. I'll probably continue to check in once in a while to see what's going on and share existing knowledge. I took delivery of my C63S a week ago in Sindelfingen, Germany and am currently in Switzerland. The weather is crap and the car is already filthy . What a machine, though! I'm currently half way through the break in and have started to play with the chassis settings on some of the fun Alpine roads around here. I'm keeping the powertrain in comfort as per break in instruction, but this thing is more sporty and more fun in Comfort mode, than the new RS5 is in Dynamic mode. From the driving assistance features for daily driving and cruising to the rawness when carving some fun roads, it's a very different level of car. Very impressed by the driving assistance features for the normal driving duties. Tesla Autopilot level. This thing can drive itself and changes lanes automatically by simply tapping the indicators. Quite cool for when the driving gets mundane or tiring, and next level compared to the Traffic Jam Assist that Audi offers. All works a lot better. Steering wheel has touch sensors, so it doesn't start beeping at me after a few seconds if I just rest my hand on the steering wheel. The whole thing is programmed much smarter. RWD is already starting to be a lot of fun with all the rain on the roads here. I'm trying to get my 1500kms done by mid next week and then head to Germany for the Autobahn and the Nurburgring. Ride quality is excellent. The car needs to loosen up a bit obviously, but comfort mode is comparable to the B9 RS5. It's comfortably firm and of course I'm driving on European roads now, but they aren't as great as they once were. Many roads remind me of what I get in California now after years of repaving. On the other hand with the suspension in Sport+ the car doesn't get uncomfortable. Slightly firmer, but a lot more dynamic on fun roads. AMG managed to sharpen the handling of the car in S+ w/o making it uncomfortable. Not like the RS5 which gets quite harsh in Dynamic mode. This was a welcome surprise.

I'll be selling my RS5 this summer after I get back, so if anybody is interested, hit me up with a PM. A few pics from delivery day:

Last edited by superswiss; 05-12-2019 at 01:36 AM.
Old 05-12-2019, 03:12 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 882 Likes on 721 Posts

Congrats on the new ride. Don’t be a stranger going forward.