Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

today I had a service and found out there's a recall on the S5. (software)

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 04:33 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default today I had a service and found out there's a recall on the S5. (software)

I went in for an oil change, alignment and wheel balance. The service manager said they would also update my software due to a recall and guessed it wouldn't effect the MMI changes I had made to do various things (seatbelt warning, led blinker and a couple others). Unfortunately, it took a couple hours and at points they could not shut my car off. Also, all the MMI settings were reset. My car now has the lazy eye and my windows don't even have the one touch down feature.

Just though a would share. Hopefully soon I'll find someone who can change things back to how Audi should have made them. I'm driving 350 miles tomorrow to upstate NY. Should be fun!
Old 09-02-2008, 06:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: today I had a service and found out there's a recall on the S5. (software)

that kind of sucks. I have heard a lot about what the "software update" screws up, does anyone know what it is supposed to SOLVE?
Old 09-02-2008, 06:54 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Fix your windows

This post has the details on how to resolve your window auto function:<ul><li><a href="http://www.a5oc.com/forums/showthread.php/auto-window-drivers-3080/index.html?p=34008">Window Auto Function Calibration</a></li></ul>
Old 09-02-2008, 07:30 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Thanks Kyle. I'll give that a shot. If only these cars operated as easily as apple computers.

Well, we should be happy they're easier than windows products. We'd attend excel classes, then MMI class. Ha..
Old 09-03-2008, 12:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default I had the TSB actions done on mine a few weeks back,...

... no problems at all. Most MMI settings were unchanged although a few had reset. All the Vag-com changes had been reset to default as well so I had to do those again. The engine remap wasnt overwritten though.

It wasnt an MMI update though.

Quite a few on the A5oc website have had these updates and only one report of someone having problems.

I now have the pulsing revs and auto increase in revs (anti-stall) whereas I didnt before. No issues there really but it does sound weird and once or twice I have found that the sudden increase in revs can catch you out in traffic when you only wanted a slight move forwards.
Old 09-03-2008, 04:54 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I had it done at 5K. It also fixes the rough idling issue...

My dealer learned of the software update (maybe before it was an actual recall) when I complained about the rough idling I get now and again. Still has a bit of a rough idle, but much better than before where the car actually seemed like it was going to stall.
Old 09-03-2008, 08:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default My A5 is also getting a software update today. I'll let you guys know what's the damage when I get

the car back.

I find it normal, however, that the software mods performed are erased, as they are flashing the MMI with a newest version, with the local regional parameters...

I'll just redo the modifications myself.

Not so convenient, however, for people not owning a VAGCOM.
Old 09-03-2008, 01:32 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Re: today I had a service and found out there's a recall on the S5. (software)

I had a software update done to my car a couple of weeks back, the service guy said it was for the rain sensor. So I don't know if it's the same update. They also replaced my mmi module due to the fact it was causing the audio to cut in and out (reason i took the car in). When I finally got the car back I also noticed that all the vag mods done where no longer active.
Old 09-04-2008, 04:41 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default what do you mean it "has the lazy eye?"

not sure if you were simply joking, or you are describing something.

I had my recall done as well- had to reset the auto up/down feature on the windows,and reset the mirrors. Everything else seemed to work fine..

as for the strange idling characteristics as well, i had that too- delaer thought it might have been the AC compressor turining off or on- which might be plausible.

Next time i do more idling, i'm going to shut off the AC and see if it happenns....
Old 09-04-2008, 08:15 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default There's a way to enable LED daytime running lights to stay on while using blinkers/ hazards.

The car normally shuts off one side and it doesn't look right.

Quick Reply: today I had a service and found out there's a recall on the S5. (software)