Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

2018 Audi s5 Sportback trunk all weather mat

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2019, 01:48 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by N8!
I wonder how Audi lists the S variants on their main website in Germany: https://www.audi.de/de/brand/de.html
if you click on the a5, it will show a S5 and a RS5 variant.
Old 01-14-2019, 05:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by freshpow78
I wish Audi would produce a trunk mat with the S5 logo!
It's the trunk - so not really a big deal. I wish they had an S5 logo'd one but just went with the A5 trunk mat in my S5 SB and it fits perfectly (and has cut outs for the tie down eyes).
Old 01-14-2019, 08:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

My S5 came with the Audi all weather mats. The floor mats are great and front have S5 logo. The trunk mat, while fit great had A5 logo (didn't really care) but my biggest complaint was that trunk mat was plasticky and stuff slid all over the place.

​​​​​My buddy had an extra weather tech B9 A4 trunk mat he gave me. While the fitment is not perfect (see pics earlier in thread) I much prefer the weathertewea trunk mat. It is significantly more grippy than the plasticky A5 mat.
Old 01-15-2019, 12:23 AM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Nemesis Autosport
Looks like all that's listed are the standard mats and not a trunk liner when searching for S5 Sportback.

Do you have a trunk liner available for the Sportback models?

I've just checked with the fitting team and we do not at the moment, however we are always adding new models to our product line so hopefully this is something we will have in the near future! Sorry for the confusion
Old 01-15-2019, 04:18 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by SD Nardo
My S5 came with the Audi all weather mats. The floor mats are great and front have S5 logo. The trunk mat, while fit great had A5 logo (didn't really care) but my biggest complaint was that trunk mat was plasticky and stuff slid all over the place.

​​​​​My buddy had an extra weather tech B9 A4 trunk mat he gave me. While the fitment is not perfect (see pics earlier in thread) I much prefer the weathertewea trunk mat. It is significantly more grippy than the plasticky A5 mat.
Get yourself a cargo net, the net and the Audi rubber cargo mat combo works great, My wife has the sticky weathertech cargo mat, its a good quality mat but stuff still slides around.
Old 01-15-2019, 04:54 AM
Club AutoUnion

Received 2,146 Likes on 1,379 Posts

Originally Posted by The G Man
Get yourself a cargo net, the net and the Audi rubber cargo mat combo works great, My wife has the sticky weathertech cargo mat, its a good quality mat but stuff still slides around.
I got the WeatherTech "CargoTech" system for my wife's RDX - and they work great! She has the Acura cargo mat, but these things really keep stuff from sliding in the hatch.

CargoTech System

I debated buying these for my car -- but elected to get the Audi Cargo Net instead as I don't usually transport much in the trunk.

Last edited by Nikon1; 01-15-2019 at 04:58 AM.
Old 01-15-2019, 06:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 238 Likes on 158 Posts

How is the quality of the Audi cargo net? I purchased the Audi cargo box and sent it back due to the poor quality. And if you don’t mind, where did you purchase? Thanks
Old 01-15-2019, 06:37 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 103 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by NJS5
How is the quality of the Audi cargo net? I purchased the Audi cargo box and sent it back due to the poor quality. And if you don’t mind, where did you purchase? Thanks
I have the Audi cargo net. It’s as nice as a cargo net goes but I’d say it’s a little restrictive / tight / not a lot of slack. You can’t put too much under it - maybe an amazon box and definitely not a bigger box.
Old 01-15-2019, 07:16 AM
Club AutoUnion

Received 2,146 Likes on 1,379 Posts

Originally Posted by arrtewwx

I have the Audi cargo net. It’s as nice as a cargo net goes but I’d say it’s a little restrictive / tight / not a lot of slack. You can’t put too much under it - maybe an amazon box and definitely not a bigger box.

I agree with arrtewwx — it works for holding relatively flat, but not too tall — boxes and small items. I bought mine from Valenti Audi via their web site as they discount prices and they are in CT which is a one or two transport to NJ.

If I carried bigger items or boxes frequently I would have picked up the WeatherTech Storage system I posted above. I think pricing would be close enough between the Audi net and the WeatherTech product.
Old 01-15-2019, 08:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 238 Likes on 158 Posts

Thanks for the replies guys. Good information. I’ve reached out to Valenti for pricing.

Quick Reply: 2018 Audi s5 Sportback trunk all weather mat