Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

2019 RS 5 Sportback Order Guide

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2018, 07:39 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 175 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by Tbone323
What happens if Trump slaps on 20% tariffs? What happens to all of these orders? If you opt out, do you lose a deposit?
My dealer said I could walk away and get my deposit back.
Old 09-15-2018, 07:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Good to know!
Old 09-15-2018, 07:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Might need to go and place an order now if that’s an option.
Old 09-15-2018, 10:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Tbone323
Might need to go and place an order now if that’s an option.
After reading the threads about all the issues with the RS5 Check Engine Light coming on and the top view camera, I’m starting to question buying my first Audi at all anymore.
Other S5/RS5 owners have some harsh reviews/comments about their cars and Audi Corp’s lack of response, which is making me wonder am I paying too much money for some run of the mill, German equivalent to a GM quality product.......
I don’t want issues in a brand new car. We bought a very nice 2016 Yukon Denali 4x4 brand new and have had it back to the dealership 7 times since we bought it and i’m disappointed in the quality/ of their build . Numerous items like sunroof not working(5 times), issues with auto folding steps, and check engine light for a stupid bad sensor
Old 09-16-2018, 07:45 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by WillieFlo
After reading the threads about all the issues with the RS5 Check Engine Light coming on and the top view camera, I’m starting to question buying my first Audi at all anymore.
Other S5/RS5 owners have some harsh reviews/comments about their cars and Audi Corp’s lack of response, which is making me wonder am I paying too much money for some run of the mill, German equivalent to a GM quality product.......
I don’t want issues in a brand new car. We bought a very nice 2016 Yukon Denali 4x4 brand new and have had it back to the dealership 7 times since we bought it and i’m disappointed in the quality/ of their build . Numerous items like sunroof not working(5 times), issues with auto folding steps, and check engine light for a stupid bad sensor
I tend to take internet reviews and forum issue threads with a grain of salt. I'm not saying people are not having these issues but people who have issues are a lot more likely to say something about their issues then people who are not having any issues reporting how great things are. Also some people might find an issue a lot more annoying then others do. For me that would be the top view camera issue. I personally don't think I would feel it's the end of the world if I can't see the top view when I put the car in reverse. I mean the feature is still there if I really need it with some addition button presses, it just won't stay the default. That just me and my point of view on that.
Old 09-16-2018, 07:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by heymoe
I tend to take internet reviews and forum issue threads with a grain of salt. I'm not saying people are not having these issues but people who have issues are a lot more likely to say something about their issues then people who are not having any issues reporting how great things are. Also some people might find an issue a lot more annoying then others do. For me that would be the top view camera issue. I personally don't think I would feel it's the end of the world if I can't see the top view when I put the car in reverse. I mean the feature is still there if I really need it with some addition button presses, it just won't stay the default. That just me and my point of view on that.
yeah, it won’t stop me from buying the car, just may prolong me ordering or looking for an RS5 SB on the lot with a build date after the fixes are in place. Haven’t seen any other car right now that excites me other than a new M5 Competition, which New is more than I want to spend right now.
Old 11-30-2018, 05:02 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Looks like the online configurator is up on AoA for the 2019 RS5 Sportback. Looks like there are some bugs in the navigation of the configurator and missing some images or what not but seems to work otherwise.

I did notice one thing in the configuration that seems to contradict the order guilds that have been out since Sept which is that Direct TPS is still part of the Dynamic Plus package and not a standard feature as the order guides have shown. My guess / hope is that the configurator is still a work in progress and they just cut-n-pasted info from the 2018 RS5 Coupe.
Old 11-30-2018, 06:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Nice. Looks like it's gonna cost me $88,590 msrp to get it exactly as I want it. Good stuff..... There are a few bugs in it. You have to click on the header configurations themselves to go to the next page (Trims & Engine, Exterior, Interior, Packages & Options) instead of clicking "Continue", but it works.
Old 11-30-2018, 08:18 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by BryanB8.5
Nice. Looks like it's gonna cost me $88,590 msrp to get it exactly as I want it. Good stuff..... There are a few bugs in it. You have to click on the header configurations themselves to go to the next page (Trims & Engine, Exterior, Interior, Packages & Options) instead of clicking "Continue", but it works.
Mine comes out to $87,995 MSRP. How did you spec it?
Old 11-30-2018, 10:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by evanseric21
Mine comes out to $87,995 MSRP. How did you spec it?
I spec'd it...

Exterior color: Glacier White metallic
20" Black optic package
Black Nappa Leather
Rear Side Airbags
Black Audi rings and badges
Dynamic package
Bang & Olufsen® Sound System with 3D sound
Dynamic steering
RS Driver assistance package

The summary page lists the Black Optics twice (once for package and once for wheels) at $1,500 each. I think it may be a glitch so the actual msrp should be $87,090 with destination fees.

Quick Reply: 2019 RS 5 Sportback Order Guide