Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

2021 Map Update Available (until Feb 1st)

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2022, 06:41 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

OK i figured it out. I unzipped it and re-zipped it with high compression and reduced the size down to 14.9GB. It is zipped in parts of 1GB for a total of 15 parts (files)

LMK if you can download it. I will leave this up indefinitely. Download and upload at your own risk, this is originally downloaded right from Audi Canada. I assume no responsibility for whatever happens.

CLICK HERE: 2022/2023 Audi S5 Map Update (Canada)

INSTRUCTIONS:

Additional information

You can download the latest map updates here and then install them in your vehicle using an SD card or USB stick. You can download and install updates as many times as you like. The maps are generally updated every six months.

Installing a new map update overwrites the map package currently installed on your vehicle’s MMI. You can find out which version is currently installed on the MMI as well.

You can also have the map update carried out by your Audi partner (this may incur costs).

Installation instructions

To carry out the map update manually, you first need an empty memory device, such as a USB stick or an SD card. 32GB memory with FAT32 formatting is recommended. Please make sure in advance which type of memory is suitable for your vehicle. To do this, look for the relevant port on the centre console or in the glove compartment.
  1. Insert the empty storage medium into your computer or a card reader.
  2. Use the drop-down menu in the “Map update” section in myAudi to select the navigation map you want to download. Depending on availability, you can choose between individual or complete packages.
  3. Click "Download maps" to download the necessary files. Start by selecting your computer as the storage location. The duration of the download can vary depending on your Internet connection.
  4. Extracting the ZIP archive
    • with Microsoft Windows devices
      • Now extract the downloaded ZIP archive to the empty storage medium (formatted with FAT32).
      • Check the extracted files: There have to be at least two folders and one .md5 file in the ROOT directory of the storage medium (highest folder level).
    • with Apple devices
      • For newer maps (from week 45/20), use the standard Apple app to extract the files. If you are downloading older maps (week 22/20 or older), use the free program “TheUnarchiver” instead.
      • Now extract the downloaded ZIP file on your computer (formatted with FAT16 or FAT32).
      • Check the extracted files: There have to be at least two folders and one .md5 file in the ROOT directory of the storage medium (highest folder level).
      • Copy the complete content of the folder to the empty storage medium (formatted with FAT16 or FAT32).
  5. Installation in the vehicle
    • Take the storage medium to your vehicle and switch on the ignition.
    • Then insert the storage medium in the corresponding port. You will then see a notification on the screen of your MMI. Note: On older vehicles, the notification is not displayed automatically. To run the update, navigate to the corresponding menu item on the MMI, depending on the vehicle:
      • Menu -> Setup MMI -> System Update -> Select USB stick or SD card
        or
      • Settings-> Left drawer -> System maintenance -> System update -> Select USB stick or SD card
        or
      • Menu -> Settings -> Setup MMI -> System update -> Select USB stick or SD card
        or
      • Settings -> System maintenance -> Software update
    • In the last step, select your storage medium and install the new map data

Last edited by Cruisn76; 07-16-2022 at 07:06 PM.
The following users liked this post:
ywang98 (10-24-2022)
Old 07-16-2022, 07:42 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,248 Likes on 770 Posts

^ Awesome, if the map install finally works with Mac, I'll buy you an Audi beer!

Audi Beer

"Tire Tracks" must be some fine beer, there's an Audi going up a ski ramp!

Last edited by synergize; 07-16-2022 at 08:21 PM.
Old 07-17-2022, 03:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 230 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by Cruisn76
OK i figured it out. I unzipped it and re-zipped it with high compression and reduced the size down to 14.9GB. It is zipped in parts of 1GB for a total of 15 parts (files)

LMK if you can download it. I will leave this up indefinitely. Download and upload at your own risk, this is originally downloaded right from Audi Canada. I assume no responsibility for whatever happens.

CLICK HERE: 2022/2023 Audi S5 Map Update (Canada)
Thanks, @Cruisn76. I was able to download it. A word to the wise though, folks; this archive is in RAR format, not ZIP. Also, to create the folder structure with files for the transfer process above, you have to further unpack the 15 parts in the downloaded archive. You can do that by making sure that all 15 parts are in the same folder, then unpacking part 1 which will automatically lead to the next part and so on. The unpacked 15 parts have to be in a separate folder structure and not combined with the 15 parts (I think).

Alternatively, you can just download the ZIP file here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!At652cvGKNNQgcg0...BtAXg?e=f3OaLc. This ZIP file has all 3,880 files already arranged in the folder structure of 1,737 folders, so if you unzip it directly to your SD card or USB stick (or HDD and then copy the whole folder structure to your SD card or USB stick) you should be good to go.

Last edited by DCB1951; 07-17-2022 at 04:06 AM.
Old 07-17-2022, 07:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Thank you, @Cruisn76 @DCB1951 . The update has a different folder structure from the previous ones. It must be for the newer MIB3 system with the touch screen. My MHI2 (with the appropriate FEC) could not find it. Hopefully someone will post the maps for the older systems. Folks with the touch screen can try this.

Originally Posted by DCB1951
Thanks, @Cruisn76. I was able to download it. A word to the wise though, folks; this archive is in RAR format, not ZIP. Also, to create the folder structure with files for the transfer process above, you have to further unpack the 15 parts in the downloaded archive. You can do that by making sure that all 15 parts are in the same folder, then unpacking part 1 which will automatically lead to the next part and so on. The unpacked 15 parts have to be in a separate folder structure and not combined with the 15 parts (I think).

Alternatively, you can just download the ZIP file here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!At652cvGKNNQgcg0...BtAXg?e=f3OaLc. This ZIP file has all 3,880 files already arranged in the folder structure of 1,737 folders, so if you unzip it directly to your SD card or USB stick (or HDD and then copy the whole folder structure to your SD card or USB stick) you should be good to go.
Old 07-17-2022, 07:58 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by synergize
^ Awesome, if the map install finally works with Mac, I'll buy you an Audi beer!

Audi Beer

"Tire Tracks" must be some fine beer, there's an Audi going up a ski ramp!
lol, I copied that straight for Audi Canada

Oops, I forgot to mention it was RAR. I’ve always used WINRAR (which is free btw) for eons and has never failed me.

but thank you for buttoning it all up

Click Here for WINRAR by RARLABS. Totally legit and free

Last edited by Cruisn76; 07-17-2022 at 08:00 AM.
Old 07-18-2022, 08:35 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 241 Likes on 160 Posts

Do these maps update even on the oldest B9 cars without any entitlement checking? Does the MMI itself keep track of when it reached a limit of allowed updates?
Old 07-18-2022, 08:43 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 604 Likes on 434 Posts

Originally Posted by belzebutt
Do these maps update even on the oldest B9 cars without any entitlement checking? Does the MMI itself keep track of when it reached a limit of allowed updates?
No, B9 cars can only use the first 5 updates following their production. The date that it will stop accepting free updates is coded in the the MMI firmware.
Old 07-18-2022, 06:01 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by JohnEnglish
No, B9 cars can only use the first 5 updates following their production. The date that it will stop accepting free updates is coded in the the MMI firmware.
did they do this on the B9.5 MIB3 platform also?
Old 07-18-2022, 08:14 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 604 Likes on 434 Posts

Originally Posted by Cruisn76
did they do this on the B9.5 MIB3 platform also?
I don’t know.
Old 07-19-2022, 02:09 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 311 Likes on 227 Posts

It's up there now.
Is 2021/22 the latest NAR maps for the old (no touch) B9 MMI?

Quick Reply: 2021 Map Update Available (until Feb 1st)