Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

2022 A5 Low tire warning issue. Tires are inflated

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2024, 07:29 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2022 A5 Low tire warning issue. Tires are inflated

Hello Everyone. I have an A5 Cab that just a couple days ago started triggering a Low tire pressure warning, yellow. I checked the tire pressures, re adjusted to where they were 41 rear, 38 front, and reset MMI. Next day, after driving about 25 miles, happened again. I got out, rechecked pressure, all perfect. I have a Foxwell scanner that I keep in car, and there were 8 codes stored, that ALL tires were below pressure. I cleared codes, reset pressure again in MMI, and now I wait to see if they trigger again. Car is out of warranty due to milage. Anybody have any idea what might be the issue? No ABS faults were stored. Much appreciate any assistance with this. Bill Woods
Old 04-05-2024, 07:45 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Tires are 255/35/19 Continental Pro Contact AO with about 6000 miles on them.
Old 04-05-2024, 08:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Audi's indirect TPMS is notoriously sensitive - if pressures are good just reset.
Old 04-05-2024, 11:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts

Unless different on a cab, 41/38 is 20" I believe. I use 38/35 for my winter 19".

Old 04-06-2024, 04:47 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Ijust used what was on the door sticker for 19". The tires were less than recommended when they triggered the first warning. I brought them up to recommended and reset MMI. Thank you for the response. So you dont think there is something wrong with the module, as the error codes stored, both times they were pulled, said that all 4 tires were low, Thats what has me concerned. Thanks again-Bill
Old 04-06-2024, 05:16 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 494 Likes on 315 Posts

Originally Posted by WM711
Hello Everyone. I have an A5 Cab that just a couple days ago started triggering a Low tire pressure warning, yellow. I checked the tire pressures, re adjusted to where they were 41 rear, 38 front, and reset MMI. Next day, after driving about 25 miles, happened again. I got out, rechecked pressure, all perfect. I have a Foxwell scanner that I keep in car, and there were 8 codes stored, that ALL tires were below pressure. I cleared codes, reset pressure again in MMI, and now I wait to see if they trigger again. Car is out of warranty due to milage. Anybody have any idea what might be the issue? No ABS faults were stored. Much appreciate any assistance with this. Bill Woods
It's hard to tell from your post, but I wonder if you are setting the tire pressure when the tires are warm or cold. The inflation specs refer to pressures when the tires are cold, so if you set the pressures to 41/38 after you have been driving, they will be underinflated when they cool down. If this applies to you, try setting them in the morning before you go anywhere and the tires are cold, then reset the MMI right away before you go anywhere.
The following users liked this post:
JohnnyJ (04-08-2024)
Old 04-06-2024, 05:39 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by WM711
Did the codes come back since youve cleared it? Resetting pressures through the MMI will leave the old codes stored in the module so thats what you may have been seeing, its nothing to worry about, if the low pressure warning light triggers again then let us know and post the new code scan, assuming the reset was done correctly though I don't see any way you could have an issue like you're describing. The TPMS system works using the ABS sensors at each wheel, you cant have an issue with one system without having an issue with the other
Old 04-06-2024, 08:24 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Thank you all for your interest! I will check tire pressure again this afternoon when cold. That's what has me scratching my head. I adjusted tire pressure and reset MMI, didn't scan/clear codes at that time. Code triggered first time low tire pressure with about 40 miles from home, it was a pretty cool day in Kentucky that day, but tires weren't stone cold. When it happened again the next day, I scanned and cleared codes before checking pressure and reset. Pressures were spot on 38/41. I found it strange that 8 codes were stored, one for each tire, triggered twice. No ABS codes, or any other codes for that matter. So far no new codes, but I await the low tire code ambush when Im on the road again, with no spare, and slime to get me to where im going. Thanks again everyone-Bill Woods
Old 04-07-2024, 12:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 3 Posts

Picked up new 2024 S5 on 4/5/2024, On my drive home from delivery I threw a low pressure warning. Checked all four and none where anywhere near low. Next day hooked up to my portable compressor and none were lower than 1 to 2 psi. Now today after driving maybe 20 minutes threw code again. Guess this will make for a return to the dealer.
Old 04-07-2024, 01:05 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 894 Likes on 732 Posts

The psi numbers on the door are the maximum numbers. The recommended psi numbers are lower and can be found in your manual.

Quick Reply: 2022 A5 Low tire warning issue. Tires are inflated