Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

A5/S5 Ordering Timeline Thread...post yours up

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2017, 11:01 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 52 Likes on 25 Posts

Well, this is a little different, but FWIW anyway. I put in an order for an S5 coupe on May 11, 2017. Got a number within a few days with predicted arrival date of "Oct/Nov". This would be the fourth Audi I have ordered from the same dealer ('06 A6, '09 A5, '12 S5 and '13 RS5). Longest wait was the RS at 4.5 months from order to delivery. So, come end of August I am getting impatient so went on line and found another S5 in stock at a dealer about 200 miles from my dealer. Had some stuff on it I would not have ordered (heated steering wheel), but otherwise color etc.what I wanted. My dealer made a deal with them and had the car 10 days later. Meanwhile, my dealer kept the order going for my first selection...and is still not there 6 months after being ordered.
Old 11-14-2017, 03:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bluemax
Well, Audi NE Rep finally gave my dealer an update today on why my S5 Sportback is still at the RI port. First they selected it for a spot check thorough review that led to discovering one of the rims was damaged. Even though the dealer has an unsold car they could swap out the tire, Audi won't release until rim is replaced and tire has to come from Germany and be replaced at the port. But they have a shortage of "extra" rims so they have no idea when the replacement will be made and when the car will be released to the dealer.

It took from Oct 23rd, when the car arrived, until today for Audi to communicate that info to the dealer. Could not be more frustrated!
Ouch that sucks... I don't understand why a company like Audi can't keep a small stock of basic parts at the port for problems like this. Well hope you get it soon.
Old 11-20-2017, 04:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First time posting in this thread. Some of you may be able to relate.

I'm in SoCal, the car arrived at the port on October 28th, it's now 11/20 and absolutely no ETA of when I'll receive the car. Neither AoA or the dealer have any feedback at the moment. Very frustrating.
Old 11-20-2017, 08:49 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by ProjektB7
First time posting in this thread. Some of you may be able to relate.

I'm in SoCal, the car arrived at the port on October 28th, it's now 11/20 and absolutely no ETA of when I'll receive the car. Neither AoA or the dealer have any feedback at the moment. Very frustrating.
Did you do an ED? I'm also in SoCal and I just received my car this past weekend after it pulled into the port of San Diego about 2.5 weeks ago. And the only reason it took so long was apparently due to a more extensive customs process because I did European Delivery. I also had no info on an ETA from my dealer or AofA. You may try contacting Audi's customs and shipping agent in the US; IFF Inc.
Old 11-20-2017, 09:59 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Spoke with my sales rep yesterday and he echoed the sentiments of the recent thread that has popped up about this: The A5/S5 is selling like hotcakes right now. Too many factory orders are going in for them to keep up with is my takeaway. If you've ordered one in the past two months there is a strong chance you're in for a long wait...
Old 11-21-2017, 06:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts

Update to my earlier delivery woes. I reached out to Audi customer care who, amazingly, stated that the RI distribution people acknowledge my car was being held but could not disclose why. I replied incredible that AudiUSA did not know why one of its cars was being held. But good news, my calls got the tire replacement expedited and on Friday, a month after RI port arrival, I will be taking delivery of my S5 Sportback!! Can't wait to enjoy and experience what many on this Forum have been raving about!!

Happy Thanksgiving to All
Old 11-21-2017, 09:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

I didn't do a ED, my situation is a bit different. AofA agreed to buyback my 2016 A5 Coupe after several documented issues, and allowed me to custom order my replacement vehicle (2018 A5 SB). The order was placed in early September, the car was built immediately and delivered to the port in SoCal on October 28th. Funny enough, I received an email this morning from AofA that I should be taking the car early next week at my local dealership.

Originally Posted by NGLBGL
Did you do an ED? I'm also in SoCal and I just received my car this past weekend after it pulled into the port of San Diego about 2.5 weeks ago. And the only reason it took so long was apparently due to a more extensive customs process because I did European Delivery. I also had no info on an ETA from my dealer or AofA. You may try contacting Audi's customs and shipping agent in the US; IFF Inc.
Old 11-21-2017, 11:04 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I’m looking forward to receiving my first Audi. This will be my first experience with a German car as well as the first time buying car that was not already on the lot. I bought a dealer speced Prestige, Midnight Blue, Sline, A5SB which is listed as currently in transit from factory. The ETA to the dealer is 12/12 - 12/26. After reading about delays with some special ordered A5s, I’m wondering if this estimate is reasonable or if I should be prepared to wait. I would appreciate your thoughts.
Old 11-21-2017, 11:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by LV_426
I’m looking forward to receiving my first Audi. This will be my first experience with a German car as well as the first time buying car that was not already on the lot. I bought a dealer speced Prestige, Midnight Blue, Sline, A5SB which is listed as currently in transit from factory. The ETA to the dealer is 12/12 - 12/26. After reading about delays with some special ordered A5s, I’m wondering if this estimate is reasonable or if I should be prepared to wait. I would appreciate your thoughts.
My custom ordered S5 coupe (ordered 9/6) showed up 10 weeks after I signed docs (Nov 15). Dealer said there was a chance it would be here by 11/22 (my birthday). I just left him alone. I asked for nothing and for the first time something i ordered was early. I think I am one of the exceptions on this board.
Old 11-22-2017, 04:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by zoepup
My custom ordered S5 coupe (ordered 9/6) showed up 10 weeks after I signed docs (Nov 15). Dealer said there was a chance it would be here by 11/22 (my birthday). I just left him alone. I asked for nothing and for the first time something i ordered was early. I think I am one of the exceptions on this board.
Nice , yeah I ordered 9/5 and my car is on the ship scheduled to arrive tomorrow. I probably won't see mine until the first week of December.

Quick Reply: A5/S5 Ordering Timeline Thread...post yours up