Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Anyone tried Michelin tires?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2017, 08:48 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by saxplayer
Jk10 and Heisnuts - which rims did you go with? For S5 SB yes?
i have the A5 SB. I went with these in 18: https://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Whee...8&autoModClar=
Old 09-25-2017, 08:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by KapCoupe
I had the dealer switch the Hankooks that came on my S5 Sportback to Michelin Super Sport 4s tires (255/35-19 size on Cavo rims) before taking delivery. While I therefore cannot speak to the differences between the two tires, the Michelins have been terrific. I'm very pleased with the feel and handling of the Michelins and would recommend them without qualification. As you may know, the Michelins also are TireRack's top rated tire in the relevant category.
While I'm content so far w/ the Continentals (for now), I wish I had been wise enough to have the dealer swap them out for the PS4s!! Good move!
Old 10-02-2017, 02:32 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by liquidforce138
if there is a seam in the road I am pretty sure this is corrective steering from
lane assist. It thinks the seam is a lane line and that you are crossing over the lane marker. This happens to me at a certain off ramp under construction every time I approach it and has happened other similar locations.
This may be the case, but there's no way to turn off lane assist to check. I had the car at Dealership service for a few days and drove a no options loaner A4 during that time. I did not notice this issue in the loaner A4 (which does not have lane assist). Therefore, it has to be something in a package that is on my S5 but not that A4 (such as lane assist) or there is something wrong with the car. I'm betting it's either the lane assist or the sports suspension package combined with AWD/19 inch tires. Again, just because my previous RWD BMW M cars did not behave that way does not mean that an AWD car with a sports suspension wouldn't.
Old 10-02-2017, 03:16 PM
N8!
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

It is super easy to turn off the lane assist.
Old 10-02-2017, 05:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by N8!
It is super easy to turn off the lane assist.
Agreed, I believe you just push the button on the end of the turn signal stalk.
Old 10-02-2017, 05:45 PM
N8!
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by dereitz
bingo!
Old 10-02-2017, 06:06 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by N8!
bingo!
Wait, really? I've just been messing with it in the MMI interface and there isn't an "off" option there. I thought the button at the end of the stalk turned the distance following function on. I guess I should spend more time with the manual.
Old 10-02-2017, 06:15 PM
N8!
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by isaywhateveryo
Wait, really? I've just been messing with it in the MMI interface and there isn't an "off" option there. I thought the button at the end of the stalk turned the distance following function on. I guess I should spend more time with the manual.

Look on the end of the TURN SIGNAL stalk, not the adaptive cruise control one below it.
Old 10-02-2017, 09:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dereitz
Took me a whole month just to find it and activate it
Old 10-03-2017, 05:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Stankia
Took me a whole month just to find it and activate it
Yeah and I went to the car wash and somehow/why they hit the button and deactivated it - it took me two days to figure it out after I had already made an appointment at the dealer since I thought it broke. It is actually somewhere buried in the manual if you read EVERY line...

Quick Reply: Anyone tried Michelin tires?