Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Audi Care Service

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2018, 07:25 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by heisnuts
Our cars do not have the DSG transmission anymore. Audi went to a ZF based 8 speed transmission that do not require servicing during the 5 year/50,000 mile Audi Care contract period. However, since it will be covering 4 oil changes, 2 brake flushes, a couple engine and cabin A/C filers, and spark plug replacement I still think the contract makes a lot of sense if you plan on keeping the car at least 5 years/50,000 miles.
My temp. brain fade. I knew that the S5 did not have the DSG. Thanks.
Old 07-27-2018, 08:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The dealer has about a $50-$100 markup on Audi Care depending on the engine and car, so there is little to no incentive for them to discount it especially since normal servicing with net a larger profit than the $75 profit plus what Audi pays them for each service. Plus Audi forbids them from marking it up over the suggested retail price. Also, there is a 1% bump in residual but most dealers will not tell you and will keep the difference as finance profit. The dealer has to try and make something back after people negotiate way below invoice.

As for the service, it is 100% worth it. The dealer I worked for charged $200 for brake fluid, which Audi recommends every 2 years, plus the normal oil changes easily covers what you would pay out of pocket. Also if you are leasing, you can use Audi Care as much as you want. I had my normal maintenance done at 1 year in the spring and then after a few track days over the summer I used my 2yr/20k service for them to change the brake fluid and oil again. So if you have a 3 year lease, you can schedule a maintenance every 7 months if you wish.
Old 07-27-2018, 10:38 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

a dealer has exactly $80 in margin on AudiCare...dassit

Does not matter what engine, what car...cost is $80 less than list

The other thing you are doing with AudiCare is insulating yourself against labor rate increases and parts price increases, which tend to happen annually.

I love working on my own stuff - but I've still had AudiCare on every one of mine so far except the first one
Old 07-27-2018, 11:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you lease your car, it adds 1% residual. If you roll the Audi Care into your monthly payments, it will add roughly $10 - $11 per month. You only pay though for as long as you keep your car. For example, if you pay an extra $10 per month on a 48 month lease, you'll only pay $480 over the length of the lease.
Never hesitated on any of my previous 3 Audi leases to get Audi Care.
Old 07-27-2018, 03:23 PM
N8!
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 49 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by heisnuts
If you plan on keeping the car for at least 5 years or 50,000 miles then I think the plan makes a lot of sense at $869 or less. The oil changes on our cars use 8 quarts of Audi spec 508/508 0W-20 synthetic oil, which is currently over $12 per quart and not widely available right now. When you add the 2 brake flushes (every 2 years), engine & cabin A/C filters, spark plugs (at 40k) and tire rotations it makes a lot of sense to have the plan. You also either need to buy a device or go to a shop that has one to reset the maintenance light since I believe that is done through the OBDII system, not the MMI.

I am usually one who likes to do their own maintenance here at the house, but for $869 it was a no brainer for me to buy the program, especially since I have an awesome local dealer who I trust to perform all the service.

I have Audi Care but it doesn't include tire rotations - that cost me $28 w/tax.
Old 07-28-2018, 07:18 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

Originally Posted by N8!
I have Audi Care but it doesn't include tire rotations - that cost me $28 w/tax.
some dealers do it, some don't - they are not obligated to do so
Old 07-28-2018, 11:33 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 77 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by N8!
One dealer charged $80 and said they always rebalance when rotating tires. I said “no thanks”.

My regular dealer charges $30.
Old 07-30-2018, 11:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by caranddriver
For all your discount seekers...

On the forum, members said Audi USA sends an email with a $100 off code for Audi Care. I waited and 3 months after purchasing my car, I got the email with the code. I called up the dealer I bought the car and purchased for $769 ($100 off). The person who handled my transaction had not seen this before so I had to forward the email to him with the promotion and code. He said it was a great deal as there is not much profit in the Audi Care for the dealer. He said markup was $50 dollars (whether true or not...). It did not matter that I had taken my car out of the state I had purchased from - the transaction was done over the phone.

I bought it because the DSG transmission flush and maintenance is so expensive and it is covered so the rest of the services become pretty cheap. If you have a manual transmission, may not be as good of a deal.
Do you have a copy of this email? I get discount emails, but none has specifically mentioned Audi Care.
Old 07-30-2018, 11:39 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by audi-one
Do you have a copy of this email? I get discount emails, but none has specifically mentioned Audi Care.
I received the following email about 2.5 months after I purchased my CPO A5. The offer was good for 2 months from when I received the email. If you click the print offer, it went to a page with the record code for the dealer to put into the order. Appears to be only good at the dealership you purchased since my dealer's information was below the record code. Some screenshots below without personal info or the record code. You might want to call Audi USA to enquire if you didn't get this email since it is corporate driven.

Last edited by caranddriver; 07-30-2018 at 11:42 AM.
Old 07-30-2018, 11:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by caranddriver
I received the following email about 2.5 months after I purchased my CPO A5. The offer was good for 2 months from when I received the email. If you click the print offer, it went to a page with the record code for the dealer to put into the order. Appears to be only good at the dealership you purchased since my dealer's information was below the record code. Some screenshots below without personal info or the record code. You might want to call Audi USA to enquire if you didn't get this email since it is corporate driven.
Thanks for sharing. Certainly worth a shot to ask, since I will be purchasing it sooner or later. Maybe it's CPO only? I do get some f/u emails from the dealer offering some really small deals on service/tires/etc, but nothing like this. It sounds like this came from Audi USA rather than your local dealer?

Quick Reply: Audi Care Service