Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Audi Connect Remote Services set up in the car?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2018, 02:11 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 721 Likes on 500 Posts
Default Audi Connect Remote Services set up in the car?

bruce_miranda , Today 02:09 AM
We were in a hurry to pick up the car so we are left with 2 issues that weren't spotted and now I can't fix them.
How do I set up Audi Connect Remote Services?
Registered to myAudi, which I realised was different to the Audi.UK login which I used to track the car's build!. Then verified the user account and got the contract number.
I have the MMI connect and myAudi app on the phone but both are saying that Key User has not been setup.
In the car I have been able to log into the Audi Connect using the myAudi PIN.
The Key User setup is problematic. I was previously not even getting the option to enter the myAudi login and the 10 digit code from the scratch card. Read somewhere else that I needed to switch the data module off in the car and wait for 5 mins with the car locked. That fixed that problem and now I get to the screen.
However the system doesn't appear to take the details I entered in that step. I keep getting a Connection Error. See screen shot.
Any clues?

Old 05-27-2018, 12:24 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 77 Likes on 53 Posts

I ran into the Key User issue as well. I registered Audi Connect and it sent me an email about "Dealer Verification." I then had to stop by my dealer and they had to enter the verification code into their system. If your dealer is close by it's worth a trip. Took them about 10 minutes and no appointment needed.
Old 05-27-2018, 12:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes you need to make a trip to the dealer. Also look in the leather pouch that has the owners manuals, your sales person must have put a card in there for the the tech guy at the dealership. You can call the dealership up and ask him to take care of the dealer Verification.
Old 05-27-2018, 01:16 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I don't know these two are linked or not but I was getting another error in the car. This was linked to an SOS error and the fact that the Service Mode was activated for the eCall module. The moment I turned that Service Mode off, the key user verification worked fine. I even managed to lock and unlock the car using the myAudi app.

Now the question I have is what is the difference between the myAudi app and the MMI connect app? I can't seem to get Amazon Music or Webradio working in the Audi Connect. Also my car is able to access the internet using the inbuilt SIM card but the Wifi Hotspot it creates doesn't seem to allow Internet. What might be wrong here?
Old 05-28-2018, 07:46 AM
AudiWorld Super User

So I now understand that the inbuilt eSim is only good for the Connect services. BUT the moment you want Wi-Fi Hotspot or Streaming services to work, you need to use the SIM slot with a data SIM or buy a data plan for the eSIM.

I'm going to try and see if I can use my mobile data.
Old 05-28-2018, 08:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda
So I now understand that the inbuilt eSim is only good for the Connect services. BUT the moment you want Wi-Fi Hotspot or Streaming services to work, you need to use the SIM slot with a data SIM or buy a data plan for the eSIM.

I'm going to try and see if I can use my mobile data.
You're going to need a separate plan - like you would for a tablet.
Old 05-28-2018, 08:50 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I tried the rSAP Bluetooth profile and that makes the car use my phone's SIM car to get to the Internet instead of it's own eSIM, that worked fine but the issue is that the phone then doesn't have it's own mobile data! I wonder what happens if I start the Wifi hotspot in the car and connect my phone to the car's hotspot, will that allow my phone to gain a data network?
Old 05-28-2018, 10:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

I tried the rSAP Bluetooth profile and that makes the car use my phone's SIM car to get to the Internet instead of it's own eSIM, that worked fine but the issue is that the phone then doesn't have it's own mobile data! I wonder what happens if I start the Wifi hotspot in the car and connect my phone to the car's hotspot, will that allow my phone to gain a data network?
The dealer told me I would need a separate data plan if I wanted to us all the features of Audi Connect (and pay for an Audi Connect subscription). Not sure what you are doing when you say 'connect to the internet'.
Old 05-28-2018, 10:40 AM
AudiWorld Super User

OK I got everything working without using another SIM card in the slot. So basically you set up your phone to use the rSAP Bluetooth profile. This makes the car use your phone's SIM card as the Data connection. However this stops your phone getting to the internet. To work around that, you connect your phone's WIFI to the car's hotspot. Round about way for your phone to get to the Internet but that means that you don't need another SIM card if you already have data on your phone. This allows Amazon Music and Webradio to stream directly on the MMI and also provides Internet to the other devices in the car via the WIFI hotspot. But remember that doing this means that all Audi Connect traffic, including Google Earth is going via your phone. So best for people who have an unlimited data plan on their phone, but then allow avoids needing two SIMs with data plans. Job done.
Old 05-28-2018, 11:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

OK I got everything working without using another SIM card in the slot. So basically you set up your phone to use the rSAP Bluetooth profile. This makes the car use your phone's SIM card as the Data connection. However this stops your phone getting to the internet. To work around that, you connect your phone's WIFI to the car's hotspot. Round about way for your phone to get to the Internet but that means that you don't need another SIM card if you already have data on your phone. This allows Amazon Music and Webradio to stream directly on the MMI and also provides Internet to the other devices in the car via the WIFI hotspot. But remember that doing this means that all Audi Connect traffic, including Google Earth is going via your phone. So best for people who have an unlimited data plan on their phone, but then allow avoids needing two SIMs with data plans. Job done.
Oh. You're in GB. We don't get that in the US. I have no intention of paying for Audi Connect, anyway. I'm frugal. Anything they can do I can do with Android Auto - for free.

Quick Reply: Audi Connect Remote Services set up in the car?