Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

audi technical service bulletins and nhtsa bulletins

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2018, 10:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default audi technical service bulletins and nhtsa bulletins

are there any cost free websites to view specific information for audi technical service bulletins or nhtsa bulletins?
the few ive come across all require a paid subscription.
Old 12-03-2018, 11:33 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 310 Likes on 226 Posts

Originally Posted by pal joey
are there any cost free websites to view specific information for audi technical service bulletins or nhtsa bulletins?
the few ive come across all require a paid subscription.
You can search here free by VIN.

https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/owners/SearchSafetyIssues
Old 12-03-2018, 12:53 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 371 Likes on 230 Posts

Originally Posted by 18A5SB
Thanks!
Old 12-04-2018, 12:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my q5 came up clean...heres a bit of a problem with vins.
when my car was in the shop last week for windows issue service rep said he ran my vin but it didnt fall into the group that they have been changing out window regulators for, so they didnt replace mine.
if i have the same problem i dont care about a vin. besides the list of vins can continue to increase why should i need to wait and have an unresolved problem because of a vin number.

heres another vin story.
a couple of years back my wifes acura rdx had brake problems. rotors and pads were wearing out way too soon.
i had good braking but was sometimes hearing some morning brake noise. i found a service bulletin on acura rdx brakes and my vin was included for premature wear of brake components.

i go into dealer and they pull the wheels and say i need rotors ,the pads still have some life left but they will replace them anyway.
the vehicle only had between 10 and 15,000 miles and was 2 years old at the time.i said how can this be, they said dont worry acura is paying

they run my vin and they said it wasnt included. they then tell me its wear and tear and so its not covered and will bill me for the work.
i tell them there is such a thing as wear and tear and there is also something called premature wear and this is the latter.
i told them there is no way im paying them to replace them with such low mileage,and that i had read my vin was covered to have it done under warranty.
they wouldnt budge saying my vin was not included in that group, and i wasnt paying. i went home to verify and print out the info i had earlier read.
the next day i called the service manager and he said he will cover it under warranty.
acura was already on thin ice with me at that point,and thats when i gave up on them.