Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Auto Hold Button Installation

Old 07-11-2019, 12:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Auto Hold Button Installation

Based on a thread I saw somewhere here on AudiWorld I ordered the Auto Hold Button and wiring for my 2018 S5 Cabriolet from "4rings.us". However, so far they have been unable to provide copies of the official manual showing how to "open up" the center console so that I can install the button. Does anyone have the manual and could you provide either copies of the appropriate pages or some written instructions on how to getting into the center console?

Thanks in Advance
Old 07-11-2019, 12:59 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This doesn't really show you how to open it up, but gives you an idea...

https://static.dalys.lt/800/0/resize...7/1441094.jpeg
Old 07-11-2019, 04:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

This sounds interesting......
Old 07-11-2019, 04:27 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Hmm so will there be a connector to connect to the button? I thought the US version doesn't support auto hold.
Old 07-11-2019, 06:32 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Yeah, what will the button actually do?
Old 07-11-2019, 07:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts

The button comes as a kit with a wiring harness that connects it with one of the controllers and the brake pedal switch. Activating it requires a couple of changes with vagcom. And then you have a functional auto hold like the rest of the world has. It holds the vehicle in place along with an active brake lkight uintil you hit the gas pedal to start off again.

But I need help with how to open up the central console. Once I get that done, the rest is easy.
Old 07-11-2019, 07:39 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by AUDIQSS View Post
The button comes as a kit with a wiring harness that connects it with one of the controllers and the brake pedal switch. Activating it requires a couple of changes with vagcom. And then you have a functional auto hold like the rest of the world has. It holds the vehicle in place along with an active brake lkight uintil you hit the gas pedal to start off again.

But I need help with how to open up the central console. Once I get that done, the rest is easy.
Let us know how it goes because I'm very interested in this. How does it work with ACC and ***? I know ACC can hold your brakes but it doesn't activate ***. Ideally I'd Iike AH and *** at the same time.
Old 07-11-2019, 07:51 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

I use the DAP system to accomplish the same thing. At a stop I hit the cruise button (setting it to the current speed limit) and the car will hold the brakes with the brake light on. Tapping the gas releases the brake and then accelerates up to the speed you have set.
The following 2 users liked this post by heisnuts:
Nikon1 (07-12-2019), Slides (07-11-2019)
Old 07-11-2019, 11:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by heisnuts View Post
I use the DAP system to accomplish the same thing. At a stop I hit the cruise button (setting it to the current speed limit) and the car will hold the brakes with the brake light on. Tapping the gas releases the brake and then accelerates up to the speed you have set.
I do the same thing! But I don't tap the gas to drive off I just pull the ACC stalk!
The following users liked this post:
Nikon1 (07-12-2019)
Old 07-12-2019, 12:37 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I would get just the switch just because I hate looking at blanks, lol.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Auto Hold Button Installation

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: