Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

AWE airgate Carbon intake

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2018, 07:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default AWE airgate Carbon intake

Hey everyone, first post -- Thanks for having me. This forum is such a great resource!

Two part question. Bought an S5SB in December. Love it. Wanted more sound, so I ordered the AWE airgate carbon intake two weeks ago. Wondering if anyone has received theirs yet, and how long it took to ship? It says I've been in the order queue this whole time... I'm guessing they got a ton of orders and carbon work takes time, but still curious how long it might be.

Second part: Anyone who has recieved theirs... What are your thoughts? How was installation? Throttle response?

I'm new here, so perhaps there is already a discussion about this going on, but if not, maybe we could start it here.

Thanks!

Old 02-27-2018, 08:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I ordered mine on Feb 6th and received it on the 14th, so it seems the order queue may be a little backed up now? I installed it myself, took probably 20 min total. It’s actually super easy! My initial impression would be that there’s a 'slight' increase in throttle response. I didn’t get the optional lid and love the amplification of the turbo sounds. The induction/turbo noises are quite a bit more noticeable than stock, but definitely not too loud imo.
Old 02-27-2018, 08:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by CaptainK
I ordered mine on Feb 6th and received it on the 14th, so it seems the order queue may be a little backed up now? I installed it myself, took probably 20 min total. It’s actually super easy! My initial impression would be that there’s a 'slight' increase in throttle response. I didn’t get the optional lid and love the amplification of the turbo sounds. The induction/turbo noises are quite a bit more noticeable than stock, but definitely not too loud imo.
Sweet. Do you have any clips both inside and outside of the car? Would love to hear how it sounds as you drive by and how it sounds in the interior. I haven't taken the plunge yet but am certainly considering it.
Old 02-27-2018, 12:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ordered one from USP last week and it shipped the same day. Should be here tomorrow. I ordered the lid and I am hoping its not too loud. If it is, it will be for sale here. I am not expecting any noticeable performance gains.

-Eli
Old 07-23-2018, 05:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Bumping up. Anyone have some more impressions of the Airgate?
Old 07-25-2018, 02:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by freesole
Bumping up. Anyone have some more impressions of the Airgate?
Wish I had an impression...ordered mine Feb 9th and still haven't received it.
Old 07-25-2018, 02:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by freesole
Sweet. Do you have any clips both inside and outside of the car? Would love to hear how it sounds as you drive by and how it sounds in the interior. I haven't taken the plunge yet but am certainly considering it.
Sorry I never got back to you with videos. I’ll see if I can put some together sometime soon. I’m still very much enjoying the sounds. If you’re cruising in ‘D’ and give it some gas you get to hear quite the spool. In ‘S’ the turbo is generally more ready to go so it’s not quite as obvious. Still not sure about a truly perceivable difference in throttle response/performance from the intake itself, but the intake and exhaust combo is wonderful.
Old 09-10-2018, 02:24 PM
Tb5
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

bumpitup

Would love to hear some clips as well.
Hope others have since got the intakes installed.
Old 09-10-2018, 03:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I’d love to have an opinion, but instead I’ve only got a bucketload of disappointment. Here’s why:

I ordered my intake in february, right after it was announced, was told it would ship within a week or so. 2 and a half weeks later, I reach out asking for an update. They say the product is delayed, and is going to be another month.

Two months later, it occurs to me I still haven’t received the product, so I reach out again. They say that due to unforeseen manufacturing problems, it’s going to be ANOTHER two months. Never did they ever think to reach out to their customers to let them know about these delays, so I’m a bit irked. It would be one thing to email the list of customers who have paid them, and explain that there will be delays, but not one word. Cool.

I ask them to refund my money, since it’s essentially just sitting in escrow, but ask to keep my place in the shipping queue— when they have the part, THEN they can charge me. They apologize, offer me a sticker and a license plate frame (uh...Cool? Cos I def want to rep your company on my car...), and refund my money.

So I’m basically at a neutral point with this situation at this point. If you’re having manufacturing issues, that’s fine. **** happens. But THEN...... toward the end of June, they post the airgate intake on their Instagram telling people that it’s available and to buy it. Wait hold the f*****g phone. You’re 4-5 months backordered/delayed, can’t even get these products out to customers who paid week one, and you’re telling the public to order their unavailable product??? Bull****.

So I comment on the post telling people not to buy it, explaining that the above situation. They direct message me and ask what the matter is. I explain the whole situation (again), as well as my concerns over the SUPER COOL situation regarding the improper fitment on my touring exhaust which resultantly makes contact with my drivetrain, and threatens my drivetrain warranty (but that’s another story for another time)... ultimately he “apologizes” by saying, and I quote, “apologies if it felt like anything was being dangled in front of you”... wut?

Dangled? Weird word choice there, Guy. Thanks for nothing. They didn’t even take the post down. Basically, I get another apology email from them the next day saying that it’s gonna be another month, but they should be in by then.

So now it’s september, 7 months later, and guess what. It’s not. At this point I’m like what the actual frick is the deal, bruh. I can understand manufacturing issues, but 7 months? Figure your **** out... And at least communicate with your customers. I’ve gone through understanding, confusion, [light] anger, and disbelief over this whole ordeal.... But now I’m just apathetic.

I’m overall extremely disappointed in AWE, and even though their exhaust sounds pretty good (I mean, it better for the 3k I dropped on it), but if I lose my drivetrain warranty over their fitment, I’m gonna flip my ****. In all reality, I kind of hope a competitor releases a comparable CAI so I can just buy that and never deal with AWE again.

Last edited by Islandinthesky; 09-10-2018 at 05:22 PM.
Old 09-10-2018, 05:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Here ya go, another option...but twice the price! I thought AWE was steep for an intake, not sure of availability...looks cool though!

https://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/826135-NEW-PRODUCT!-EVENTURI-CARBON-FIBER-INTAKE-FOR-THE-B9-S5-TAG-Motorsports

Last edited by SD Nardo; 09-10-2018 at 09:52 PM.

Quick Reply: AWE airgate Carbon intake