Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

B&O Experience

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2017, 06:54 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just got my car today and can verify that the same mp3s (320kbps) through apple carplay sounds much fuller and the bass deeper. This is a Bluetooth implementation problem and i cant believe they messed up such a crucial thing.
Old 06-10-2017, 02:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Stankia
I wish they implemented some sort of equalizer like BMW has. The highs sound way too harsh for me personally. Also I took a look at the mid-bass speakers in the doors. The speakers are elliptical and mounted 90 degrees to the side firing towards the back of the car. It's gonna be a bitch to mount something else there without tearing everything apart.
Don't feel bad, Mercedes charges way more and uses cheap paper as well for Burmester system in c class.
Similar to the way previous poster commented on use of trunk space for Audis sub woofer response , Mercedes uses "front bass" in their front door pillars instead of a decent speaker.
All of the German builders charge top dollar for their vehicles and cheap out on decent audio.
I don't need much trunk space so I can add a JL Audio enclosure if needed.
While waiting for S5 on order, Two thirds of the time I cruise along listening to the performance exhaust's burbles and pops from my BMW 435 with Dinan exhaust.
The Audi B9 just needs a little help as it is too refined to my ears and according to various writers. The best music is the one you drive. I will wait and see.
Old 06-16-2017, 11:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Paper speakers are not always bad -- depending on treatment you can get excellent sound from them.

Set the 3D affect to Low and maybe set the Surround setting between 3 and 12 o'clock, with treble at noon, base between 12 and 9 and Subwoofer also between 12 and 9 and see if sound improves.
Old 06-16-2017, 11:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

Actually there is nothing wrong about using paper cones. Many high quality drivers are made by choice with it. If you don't increase the subwoofer's output too much you will get a solid performance.

I think the system rocks!!!
Old 06-16-2017, 01:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Correct about the paper but the weight of the coil / magnet does. For this purpose an 8-10" subwoofer and dedicated amp appropriately adjusted crossover would knock your socks.
Consider enclosed port vs free air.. my choice ported wedge JL Audio.
Old 06-16-2017, 02:31 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm running this setup. Kept swapping out and testing the 8 vs 10. Liked the deeper extension of the 10W3V3 but the 8W3V3 seemed to match the rest of the system best. I think the system is very good now. I still like my previous B&O in the C7.5 better, but this is more than sufficient now. Should have come from Audi like this, and it wouldn't have cost them much, and just about anyone would pay the small difference. But to their credit, B9 B&O is FAR better than the B8 was.

Originally Posted by Damon44
Correct about the paper but the weight of the coil / magnet does. For this purpose an 8-10" subwoofer and dedicated amp appropriately adjusted crossover would knock your socks.
Consider enclosed port vs free air.. my choice ported wedge JL Audio.

Last edited by Quattrings; 06-16-2017 at 03:43 PM.
Old 06-22-2017, 10:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Hello, anyone has pictures on A5/S5 Sportback B&O rear speakers and Woofer mounting? Can't seem find such picture. Still waiting for my A5 to arrive but already very curious where the woofer is mounted.
Old 06-23-2017, 05:24 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Maviton
Hello, anyone has pictures on A5/S5 Sportback B&O rear speakers and Woofer mounting? Can't seem find such picture. Still waiting for my A5 to arrive but already very curious where the woofer is mounted.
The woofer is mounted in the spare tire well. It's a 6.5" speaker

Old 06-23-2017, 09:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks for pics bro... solved the mystery
Old 06-25-2017, 08:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

So DVC 6.5 ohms?

I replaced my sub in my GTI spare tire with a custom box with a mid/high efficiency sub and it sounded worlds better, maybe you guys should try it out, no amp or extra wiring needed just plug the new box in correctly and you are set.

Quick Reply: B&O Experience