Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

B9.5 MMI quirks

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2021, 09:09 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 169 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by Wiz33
After 2 weeks with the B9.5 MMI, All I can say is that I'll gladly paid a few thousands to have a functional center **** back in my B9.5.
Yeah, while there is no TouchScreen in our Q5-e, we don't really miss it (we got used to using the **** and the 2 toggle switches).

But since we were talking about music tracks ... yall do know you can CLICK the volume control (by gear-shift) left/right ... correct ?
Old 01-24-2021, 09:18 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 152 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by Tesla1856
Yeah, while there is no TouchScreen in our Q5-e, we don't really miss it (we got used to using the **** and the 2 toggle switches).

But since we were talking about music tracks ... yall do know you can CLICK the volume control (by gear-shift) left/right ... correct ?
Yea, Track selection on the volume **** and on the right steering wheel buttons set works but there's no mechanical way to go one level back up the tree, say to the album/artist setting. I also have not find a way to go from the media playback screen to the sound adjustment screen so if you're listening to an album that needs a bit more/less bass, you have to go back to the home screen and select sound.
Old 01-24-2021, 09:22 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I also have not find a way to go from the media playback screen to the sound adjustment screen so if you're listening to an album that needs a bit more/less bass, you have to go back to the home screen and select sound.
Adjust the volume one click, and while it's still on the screen ... touch the gear icon.
Old 01-24-2021, 09:23 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Adjust the volume one click, and while it's still on the screen ... touch the gear icon.
Cool. Thanks. I tried the gear but not while the volume indicator is active. But, basically, doing anything other than maybe go back to album/artist selection and selecting another album/artist is already more attention diversion I felt comfortable with while driving (well, maybe if I have lane assist on). Another problem is that even with the suspension on comfort in a RS, there's still enough movement in the cabin that half the time I ended up hitting the selection above or below the one I actually wants.

Last edited by Wiz33; 01-24-2021 at 09:33 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Aesthete (02-26-2023)
Old 01-25-2021, 04:22 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Damn, it's not working any more for some reason, skipped the user confirm and it's still pausing the media playback again.
Yeah, unfortunately ... doesn't really work better. I only tried it a couple of times real quick.

You can skip the initial "user confirm - OK" but it doesn't really seem to like it. Seems to de-rail things a bit (CarPlay didn't appear on main MMI screen like before).

The USB-Storage music starts playing when you start the A5, but still stops playing when Wireless CarPlay finally connects to the iPhone. Hmm.
Old 02-02-2021, 06:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

If I may add my similar quirk here ...

When you swipe-down to activate the HomeLink buttons (manually) ... there is an option still there ... something about a Wizard and making this Audi yours. The icon is blocks.
Do yall have that also? Tech and Audi Connect is all setup and working. Should it not have gone away by now?
Did you get your HomeLink issue solved? I'd be interested in how you use HomeLink. I understand why Audi put it in the MMI for those that want to open the garage door, turn on the lights and start their coffee maker , but I simply want to open one garage door only. When I arrive at home, the "do you want to send a signal to garage door #1" pops up and its one tap to open. However in the morning, after I back out of the garage, I have to shut off the rear view camera, tap the HomeLink icon, then tap to send the signal and finally swipe up to remove the message - there has to be an easier way?
Old 02-02-2021, 07:31 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by AZAudiFan
However in the morning, after I back out of the garage, I have to shut off the rear view camera, tap the HomeLink icon, then tap to send the signal and finally swipe up to remove the message - there has to be an easier way?
You don't have to close the backup-cam.
The menu-line is still at the very-top. Just swipe down and then touch the Garage-Door button.
Old 02-02-2021, 07:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 151 Likes on 106 Posts

When in backup camera view you can swipe down the Notification area (small bar at the top) and the Homelink icon will be at the top.
S4 forum post https://www.audiworld.com/forums/s4-...pener-3011613/
Old 02-02-2021, 08:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

You don't have to close the backup-cam.
The menu-line is still at the very-top. Just swipe down and then touch the Garage-Door button.
Cool, thanks for the tip!
Old 02-10-2021, 08:25 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

After 4 weeks. Notice more weird stuff.

Wireless CarPlay seems to have a range problem. If I use my phone mount near one of the cupholder. It's mostly stay connected but If I leave my phone on my belt (another 2 feet further). I get random disconnect/re-connect on Carplay from time to time. I even have it dropped out on my in the middle of a call.

Random media port disconnect when Carplay activates. Sometime, your media keeps on playing, sometimes it pauses the playback and you have to touch the media button to have it continue and a few times, it totally stopped and lost track history and I have to select the album and track all over again.

Quick Reply: B9.5 MMI quirks